PDA

View Full Version : You know i packed everything up T'other day? Well i've just had an enquiry for TWINS!

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 08:13 AM
HAHA!
The lady lives just around the corner from me appaz! The twins are 10 months old.
She wants to know what the hourly charge is and what days i can do.
Now i don't want to appear desperate but obviously i will need to apply for a variation from Ofsted IF this was to come off.
Is it usual for a variation to be granted for twins?
please keep it all crossed for me folks!

PixiePetal
10-01-2011, 08:16 AM
I think it would depend on your other mindees ages and numbers, if there was no alternative for the mum ie no other cm who could take them and if you can show how you would manage them.

worth a try :thumbsup:

fionamal
Thats fab news :clapping:

curlycathy
Woo hoo congratulations to you:clapping:

Not sure bout variation - I think its fairly straightforward for twins but don't really know. Someone wise will be along soon I'm sure.

Really good news - you are on your way:clapping:

angeldelight
10-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Go for it, you can all but try

Good luck its fab news

Angel xx

ORKSIE
10-01-2011, 08:19 AM
:thumbsup:
:clapping: :clapping:

You should be ok with the variation..they wont want to split them up.

xx

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I ma trying NOT to get over excited, just about to upgrade back to a gold on good old Childcare.co.uk - literally just used my last mssg and didnt expect a reply :clapping:

im being cool like the Fonz....not doing this :jump for joy: inside at all...i am a veritable cucumber....

honest....

Vickster
10-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Wow, everything crossed for you

flowerpots
10-01-2011, 09:30 AM
awww thats fab, ive got EVERYTHING crossed for you :clapping: good luck :D

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Just need the code to renew my subscription and i can reply to her (praying that pauline or angel get my mssg soon :littleangel: )

loocyloo
10-01-2011, 09:38 AM
LOL!!!!!

good luck.

i would think you'll get a variation for twins, i've had a few! but it might depend upon other ages of children involved, but stress that you have no doubts that you could care for the twins, and have everything you need!

x

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 09:45 AM
thanks lucy, yes i deffo will thank you!
:jump for joy:
argh i wish that code was still readily available :rolleyes:

charleyfarley
10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
That is fab news :clapping: :clapping:

Hope it works out for you :thumbsup:

Carol xx

mrs_scottydog
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
That's excellent news. Good luck with the variation. :) Hx

Alibali
10-01-2011, 02:18 PM
sounds perfect, shouldnt be a problem with variation as you don't have any others. Hope all goes well.

The Juggler
10-01-2011, 02:24 PM
:laughing: :laughing: issn't that always the way! hope it works out honeyx

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 02:29 PM
:laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: issn't that always the way! hope it works out honeyx

:laughing: you were the one that said this would happen!
Now you need to make me another positive prophesy juggs!!!

jane5
10-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Congratulations, I think a variation for twins is pretty standard (a mum with twins at play group said it was if they are within the numbers):clapping:

Bitsy Beans
10-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Well done and I hope it all turns out for you.

considering you don't have any other mindees I don't see why you shouldn't have the variation.
Good luck :thumbsup:

gigglinggoblin
10-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I got a variation for twins at my registration visit, I also had a just 2yo of my own. Just need to know how you will get out with them all, where they will sleep etc.

Fab news, hope it all works out! :clapping:

charlie potato
10-01-2011, 05:45 PM
well done :clapping:
I've got my fingers crossed for the variation now for you. xx

~Chelle~
10-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Exciting stuff hun. Have you heard anything back from her.

Fingers and toes crossed that you get this xx

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 09:13 PM
I haven't heard yet argh!
I charged £3.50 per hour with a 50p sibling discount and then put that i would do meals (grudgingly because i HATE doing meals) but I'd charge £1 for breaky, £1 for lunch and £2 for dinner but that she was welcome to provide packed lunches/ meals that could be reheated and that this appeared to be a popular option with other parents (:blush: OK so parenT but they don't know that yet...)

Who knows? i don't think i could be fairer than that really apart form throwing the meals in for free BUT i begrudge making them in the first place so at least if i charge for them i wont feel so put upon...i suppose i have a cheek considering that i need this...I'm unsure of a lot of things really because i want to get the balance between fair for them and viable for me...

Ali56
10-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Hope it all works out for you :clapping: :clapping:

Lick'le Oakes
10-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Really hope this comes off for you, fingers crossed:thumbsup:

The Juggler
10-01-2011, 10:17 PM
:laughing:

:laughing: you were the one that said this would happen!
Now you need to make me another positive prophesy juggs!!!

oooh, I prophesise that all forum members will win the lottery in the next year :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tinglesnark
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
:laughing: fab prophesy!

OK, i have been trying to work out how i can provide every child with the care that they need and so have done a dry run with 2 teddies to play-school & really cannot see how i would manage 10 month old twins & DS2 (19 months). It is too far to walk on bad days (30-45min walk one way) and would take me approx 15-20 Min's to get everyone in and out of the car JUST to drop DS1 off or collect him. I do that twice a day now but come Sept i will do the playschool AND the school run...They are about 20-30 min's walking distance apart - these walking tims could be reduced by probably 10 minutes but i am incredibly unfit and so it takes me longer:laughing: .

Shame but i think I'd best wait for the next bus...

No point in over stretching is there? I mustn't get sucked in to the whole "oh it'll do cos I'm desperate" thing again because it clearly doesn't tend to work out for me.

I can see my days consisting of getting ready for the school runs with little time to fit in any playtime, let alone cooking meals and doing obs etc...it will be a case of getting through each day rather than actually making the most of them and enjoying them....

Does anyone else manage?

i have 10 steps to navigate from my front door to the path which gives me the first problem, if it wasn't for those steps i would be able to pop them all in the car without trouble but as it is, you cannot see the car from the front door so it really is a case of the boat, chicken, fox and corn isn't it? how do you get all of them across the river safely? who do you take first?

I think it will be a lot of stress and hassle, what do you think?

miffy
11-01-2011, 10:45 AM
It does sound like you'd have your work cut out - that's a lot of walking to do in a day with such littlies and it wouldn't be nice in the pouring rain/snow/ice etc.

One of my first jobs was looking after twins - they were 14m and my youngest ds was 18m and that was hard work! Some days I felt like all I'd done was fed them and changed nappies. And I didn't have to walk very far either!

If you're having doubts then either take them on for a trial period only or cut and run and hope something else comes along.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
11-01-2011, 02:16 PM
i have put one of my mindees on a buggy board at 19 months - depends on your ds though hon.