PDA

View Full Version : Got some great value car seats

phoebe-alice
09-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Two of my mindees were getting a bit big for their car seats so yesterday I decided to have a look in Babies R Us to see if they had any bargains in the sales, ended up going back today and getting two Newfix Nania seats suitable from 9 months to 11 years so great for a whole range of ages and really easy to fit! It also can be used with a 5 point harness which was a big plus for smaller ones although I probably wouldn't use these for under ones.
The best part was they were only £29.99 each, cut down from £69.99 so I'm quite chuffed looking forward to trying them out tomorrow at home time. :blush:
But a bargain for anyone who is looking for new car seats and good quality, here is the item link if you want to read more.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Car-Seats-and-Boosters/Highback-Booster-Seats/Newfix-Car-Seat-in-BlackGrey(0082698)

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Bargain - it is saying page not found?

phoebe-alice
09-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Hmmm, try going on Toys R Us website and search Newfix then there is two car seat options that come up the only difference is they are different colours. Both are the same price I think though. A great bargain though pleased I saw them when I did.
Sorry about the dodgy link! :blush:

phoebe-alice
09-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Sorry it didn't work again the item reference is 721190 so will bring the page up if you type it into the Toys R Us Website.

Lorraine B
09-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I went into Toys R Us last week to buy this and the assistant told me not to get one as they don't tighten around the child very well ! ??

I have a feeling she couldnt be bothered to find out if it would fit in my galaxy :mad:
After a lot of searching I finally found one in Argos the Koochi Highway one £43 9months - 11yrs.

I hope your carseat is ok

Lorraine xxx

phoebe-alice
09-01-2011, 05:54 PM
The tightening system seems really good actually I tried it out in shop and its a lot better than the seat I had beforehand. :)
The lady in shop was really helpful and explained it was universal so would fit in all cars, they fit in lovely in our wee fiesta. So I don't have any quibbles at the moment very much looking forward to trying them out though!

jane5
09-01-2011, 06:34 PM
I bought this car seat about a year ago to go in my mums car. Its been fine, no problems tightening or any thing.

My dd was 18months when we first got it and the five point harness kept her secure. Its narrow as well so can easily fit with other car seats

A good buy :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Looks nice

this link may work

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Travel-and-Pushchairs/Car-Seats-and-Boosters/Highback-Booster-Seats/Newfix-Car-Seat-in-BlackGrey%280082698%29;jsessionid=E0D0A6F5D56C6D46 771FA3296850E049.app08

linda2girls
09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I have been using this one for about a month and haven't noticed a problem with tightening. However, I personally wouldn't put a 9 month old baby in it, it's quite upright and doesn't recline.

A great seat though and a brilliant price.

Linda.

phoebe-alice
09-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah I think the same I wouldn't use it for little ones but for the toddlers and older it will be good, for little ones I like to use a car seat with recline and more hugging to keep them in place. But they will be fine for what I need them for at the moment. :)