PDA

View Full Version : A little lost on paperwork

PinkFairy24
09-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi all! Wishing you all a fantastic New Year!

I have finally decided to do my learning journals in a ring binder, this way I can add or remove pages if I need to. Do all the obs and planning go in this? Or do I put those somewhere else and the LJ is just to make a nice collection which they can take away with them when they leave?

I know that I need lots more info on parents and children and am going to put this into a different small folder. I am looking to include the paperwork on likes, nap times feeding etc in this folder. Where do I put the permission forms and contracts, medicine sheets etc? I was going to have one large ring binder for this to include every parent, but am worried about the confidentiality issue? Was going to use dividers to separate them. Also the register, do I sign in one child per week so that other parents won't see other child's details? I have just bought a bureau from a charity shop, it is brilliant! Very cheap and has a key so that I can lock away confidential information!

Is there anything else apart from my folder on risk assessments and daily checks that I need?

Thank you so much for answering all of my questions! You really are so helpful!

Love Claire X x X

margaret
09-01-2011, 07:11 PM
I put everything to do with each child in ring divider ,split into 6 elgs,contracts ,permissions etc in back of folder,individual plans ,parents comments in front of folder,and section for main observations.Hope this makes sense

jumpinjen
09-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi,

i keep all my planning in a clipboard that i use for the month then file after finishing up my learning journey pages for that month (my LJ's containe annotated photo's, quotes from the children, examples of artwork and longer written observations).

each child has a thin cardboard file with personal information in, such as contract, permissions, emergency treatment, record forms, updates etc.

Children's medication forms and accident forms live in my risk assessment folder as i class them as part of my risk management. this folder is for my eyes only so no confidentiality issues.

You don't HAVE to get parents to sign attendance forms, just so long as you have the record of times they arrived and departed, so you can keep all on one form.... if you are using it as evidence to tot up hours and invoice parents who pay in arrears then a signature is a good idea.

Hope that helps, Jen x