PDA

View Full Version : quitting!!!!

curlycathy
09-01-2011, 01:55 PM
My darling wonderful dh has landed a really good contract, but its working away so

I QUIT!!!!:laughing:

Before Christmas I was getting worried cos from Feb I will only have one mindee but now I can choose to work or not and I choose NOT!!:D

NO MORE PAPERWORK:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am just going to be mummy for a while. Given notice to mindee today - emotional but I know I'm doing right by my family. Will help her find someone else cos I do care about them.

I feel straaaaaaaange!

bellacat
09-01-2011, 02:32 PM
So happy for you.... and a bit jealous:o Good luck. XXXX:thumbsup:

sarah707
09-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Crikey lucky you. I've always wanted to be a lady wot lunches :laughing:

Enjoy! :D

francinejayne
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Ooh how wonderful, enjoy your family time lucky lady!

curlycathy
09-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Ha ha Sarah - not sure bout the lady bit but I will def be having lots of lunches!!!

Probably with all my friends who are about to have babies...guess my life won't change that much then:laughing:

The Juggler
09-01-2011, 03:28 PM
lovely hon. enjoying being mummy only for a while:)

flowerpots
09-01-2011, 06:52 PM
ooooh thats lovely, enjoy just being mum for a while, lucky you :clapping:

Bridey
09-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Oooh, jealous! :)

janminder
09-01-2011, 11:48 PM
How lovely enjoy it. :)

gegele
09-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Lucky you, enjoy yourself and your less stressed mummy time.

signed: a little frog green of jealousy!! ( when i say little it's a image ah ah ah ah ah ah ):thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
10-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Lucky you!!! I would like to give up work, just for while so I could have a massive clear out, tidy up, decorate and then maybe start childminding all over again - or not :rolleyes:

buildingblocks
10-01-2011, 07:26 AM
My darling wonderful dh has landed a really good contract, but its working away so

I QUIT!!!!:laughing:

Before Christmas I was getting worried cos from Feb I will only have one mindee but now I can choose to work or not and I choose NOT!!:D

NO MORE PAPERWORK:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I am just going to be mummy for a while. Given notice to mindee today - emotional but I know I'm doing right by my family. Will help her find someone else cos I do care about them.

I feel straaaaaaaange!

So pleased for you Cathy wish I could do the same lol. Still think its extreme measures on hubby's part tot avoid seeing me lol Jut thing of all those books you can read now xx

buildingblocks
10-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Ha ha Sarah - not sure bout the lady bit but I will def be having lots of lunches!!!

Probably with all my friends who are about to have babies...guess my life won't change that much then:laughing:

You can always come and have lunch at the madhouse xx

curlycathy
10-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Will definitely come to yours for lunch!!

Getting bit worried now...have I got to learn how to bake properly???

What if I turn into Bree??????

not looking forward to tomorrow when he goes at 6am and then I have to get ready for a full day at work worrying about him :(

Ah well - suppose I'll just have to keep reminding myself:

9 FEB!!!!

curlycathy
10-01-2011, 08:03 AM
PS Can I borrow Gary to change lightbulbs lol!!!!

buildingblocks
10-01-2011, 08:06 AM
Will definitely come to yours for lunch!!

Getting bit worried now...have I got to learn how to bake properly???

What if I turn into Bree??????

not looking forward to tomorrow when he goes at 6am and then I have to get ready for a full day at work worrying about him :(

Ah well - suppose I'll just have to keep reminding myself:

9 FEB!!!!

Of course you have to learn to bake properly you mean you can't I have this image of you in the kitchen baking lovely cakes at the weekends you have disillusioned me. No Idea about Bree as don't watch it but if she is a perfect housewife definitely lol

curlycathy
10-01-2011, 08:14 AM
You've seen our chaotic house at the weekend!!!

I can bake - sort of! Just make lots of mess - which is easy to blame on the kiddywinkies when I'm working:laughing:

Helen Dempster
10-01-2011, 09:50 AM
oh you lucky, lucky thing!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! Sounds FAB :clapping:

Tinglesnark
10-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Congrats to both of you! enjoy!

TheBTeam
10-01-2011, 07:36 PM
WOW, what a lovely position to be in.

I am ever so slightly envious, i have had the day from hell with a parent pulling a fast one at the last minute leaving us with a difficult few months or the option to give notice but this family is over half of our current income!

I would so love to be able to quit and just look after my kids and my dog!

Ripeberry
10-01-2011, 08:08 PM
If I gave up CM then I would get myself a dog and have lots and lots of walks in the countryside. Won't risk having a dog yet, mainly because my own kids tease the cats mercilessly :mad: and I would be too busy to give it my full attention.
They are like babies (dogs) :D

TheBTeam
11-01-2011, 09:48 PM
If I gave up CM then I would get myself a dog and have lots and lots of walks in the countryside. Won't risk having a dog yet, mainly because my own kids tease the cats mercilessly :mad: and I would be too busy to give it my full attention.
They are like babies (dogs) :D

Yes, but you dont get the parents with the dog!