PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like the most hated childminder in the world right now.

Louandemily27uk
08-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi all

I have not been on here for ages just never seem to get online but finally pushed myself after a terrible week.

I have upset a parent and they have left now I wanted to talk to them but they didn't turn up and had no choice but to email my notice after lots of things happened and then they pretended the didn't get that and emailed there notice to me! :-(

Its a terrible mess with all copies going to Ofsted and I have spoken to them about it and feel a bit more happier I have done nothing wrong but I am still upset

cant go into detail for obvious reasons but no matter what I did it was not good enough I knew something was not right but never had a complaint from them until sent my notice and now I am excused all sorts in letters from them.

so feeling a bit low about it all.
Anyone else had an unhappy parent or parents from hell.. this is my first and I have only been running 10 months.

Lems
08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
So sorry no advice:( but sending you good luck and lots of:group hug:

Pipsqueak
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
We have all had stroppy, vindictive, manipulative, miserable clients and i would say 99.9% of us have come through the other side. Its not nice while its happening though and it does make you feel awful.

But if you know you have done nothing wrong then do not shoulder any of the blame. Have your rant and weepy - get it out of your system. Next hold your head high and ensure all your paperwork etc is in order.
No more emails or texts - do everything by letter - signed and copied.
Get onto NCMA legal support (or MM whoever you are with) and get them onside.
Come and rant at us - we do support brilliantly - we are experts in support.

Start tomorrow afresh.

sending a huggy and a big smilexxxx

peanuts
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
thats the reason i have it on my e-mails that i get notified if they have read them. cought someone out once when they said i had read it and showed them my e-mail saying not read.

ORKSIE
08-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Hope you get everyrhing sorted out:thumbsup:

Good advise from Pip :thumbsup:

xx

Louandemily27uk
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi thanks for the kind words. I have learnt from this regarding text and emails and will stress to parents communication is a huge part of this!

But saying that my other parents are happy and they just talk to me and seem reasonable people.

I should of know it was going to be like this the first day when I got a note book with daily routine in it and then asked to text to let them know if there child was ok and then daily baths and so on and so on.

maybe I have said to much now...
I will take big deep breath and carry on.

ORKSIE
08-01-2011, 11:11 PM
The very large majority of parents are diamonds....Nuff said:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
09-01-2011, 12:08 AM

couldn;t agree more :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
09-01-2011, 12:14 AM

Absolutely:thumbsup:

wendywu
09-01-2011, 12:17 AM
[
QUOTE=Louandemily27uk;844679]Hi thanks for the kind words. I have learnt from this regarding text and emails and will stress to parents communication is a huge part of this!

But saying that my other parents are happy and they just talk to me and seem reasonable people.

I should of know it was going to be like this the first day when I got a note book with daily routine in it and then asked to text to let them know if there child was ok and then daily baths and so on and so on.

maybe I have said to much now...
I will take big deep breath and carry on.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry Lou, when you get to the stage when you have neen minding for 101 years and have cared for the children of Jack the Ripper, Atilla the Hun to say nothing of Vlad the Impaler. Then this will all seem like a drop in the ocean and a long distant memory.

Chin up old sport :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Penny1959
09-01-2011, 06:39 AM
My thoughts are with you.

It is a horrible thing to be going through - and I know because going through similar myself - in that parent sent email with unfounded complaints and I had to inform Ofsted - who as in your case said nothing to answer to - but it leaves a nasty feeling and despite the fact that know you have done nothing wrong you can't help but play the situation again over and over in your mind to see if you could have avoided the situation.

We all know that most parents are fab (all my others are) but maybe because we are caring people we are also sensitive to comments - even when unfounded that we MAY have not done our best.

Hugs to you

Penny :)

Carol M
09-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes, I can relate to all the above:(
I have had a couple of parents who suddenly turn when things don't go the way they think they should. Even after caring for their children over a long period of time and having glowing references from them, it's hurtful when they make threats and wild accusations.
All I'm trying to say is that it does happen, so stay professional and follow procedures and chat to us, the forum is a fantastic place for support.
Carol xx

WibbleWobble
14-01-2011, 10:54 AM
you know where i am Lou...we are in this together

love mandy xxxx

LittleGems1970
14-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi,

I can sympathise totally, I have just gone through the exact same thing too!

I have been on here before about the actual situation, well it was just getting worse, parents never complained etc, always good compliments etc BUT the minute i gave notice that all changed! It was awful and so upsetting.

Its can never be an easy decision to come to and I had plucked up the courage to actually do it after months and months of 'hard times'

I was the one left to be feeling so guilty even though I had done everything I possibly could to accomodate this child (i had her for 18months, the last year was very tough) mother always texting, ringing even on days i didnt have her child, she needed a nanny not a childminder, most of my children are under 5 with one being an after schooler so all the children needed my attention not just one!!

I have had nothing but praise from all my other parents, hugs, lovely cards etc throughout my childminding, so i know i do the best i possibly can, i have a great working with parents partnership, so i know what she said was probably just to make herself better really, but at the end of the day, i am so much more happier/relaxed, the atmosphere is different now with all the kids! a 2+yr old controlling the whole house or mood of it???

So, i have gradually got 'over it' now and know i havent done anything wrong, i was just honest and told her my time is important to all children in my care and not just one (i was constantly battling with one issue after another (depending what mood the child was in) and cleaning wee and poo from my carpets, rugs etc (been potty trained 9+ months)

I have filled the space already, and had 3 enquiries from recommendations of friends and mindees parents over the last 2 weeks, which i cant take as i am actually full! so i know i have done nothing to feel guilty about!

i do totally know how you feel though

hugs to you
x x