PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED due soon, had a nightmare!

cas2805
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I knew OFSTED would be coming sometime this year, las one on Valentines day 2008!! So the night before my first day back this year I had a bad dream that they just turned up on my first day back!!

Anyway, I am almost ready for them, though haven't done my SEF and don't have much planning in place (bought Sarah's book but it is on my list of things to do!)

Anyway, I was wondering if everone could give one piece of advice to me and everyone else expecting Mrs O, what would it be? (Apart from don't panic as that isn't working!)

miffy
08-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Be confident (even if you're not feeling it inside) and believe in yourself, you're doing a great job!

Miffy xx

cas2805
10-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks Miffy, I know I am doing well, parents feedback are great! It's just the paperwork, mainly the planning. Got good last time, really want to improve!

mufftie
10-01-2011, 01:45 PM
relax i panicked last year as my last one was august 07 ! and theyve still not come !!!!
it could be 4 yrs between inspections so theres no point pannicking yet

Ali B
11-01-2011, 01:14 PM
My goodness this sounds familiar!

3 years ago today I was inspected and I was classed as GOOD so it will be the first time Ive been inspected under EYFS too......I AM TERRIFIED!! iVE HAD NIGHTMARES TWICE A WEEK FOR THE LAST 6 WEEKS :panic: I keep dreaming an inspecter storming in and slamming her hand down on the table saying no, no , no its all wrong!! Now I know Im a natural born worrier but this seems extreme even by my standards!

Ive done my SEF 3 times last year, done my planning, got up to date tracker books and masses of photos, My parents have written references and the 11 year old i care for has answered a questionnaire about me and what I do! Contracts are signed, observations done,first aid kit checked and risk assessments done!!!

The bit that worries me is that the snow has wrecked the garden especially the lawn and my 3 legged cat has decided to dig mega holes in it and use it as a litter tray which he never has before!!!....why now!! I think Im going to have to risk assess it and ban the kids coz we're going to have to reseed it soon!

they seem to be inspecting most minders in Notts on time at the moment so Im almost praying for the phone to ring so i can relax!

right on to chinese new year planning while the babies sleep!

thanks for letting me rant girls!;)

cas2805
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
At least I am not the only one, thanks Ali, I must check my first aid kit. Though if they don't come soon, it will be out of date again!

MAWI
12-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I was due for inspection in September and still no phone call. I spent most of sept/oct waitin for phone toi ring, was completlley up todate then, now slipped behind and wouldnt want the phone call to come.LOL
I wouldnt panic too much incase they dont turn up

xdirtydancerx
26-01-2011, 08:28 AM
My goodness this sounds familiar!

3 years ago today I was inspected and I was classed as GOOD so it will be the first time Ive been inspected under EYFS too......I AM TERRIFIED!! iVE HAD NIGHTMARES TWICE A WEEK FOR THE LAST 6 WEEKS :panic: I keep dreaming an inspecter storming in and slamming her hand down on the table saying no, no , no its all wrong!! Now I know Im a natural born worrier but this seems extreme even by my standards!

Ive done my SEF 3 times last year, done my planning, got up to date tracker books and masses of photos, My parents have written references and the 11 year old i care for has answered a questionnaire about me and what I do! Contracts are signed, observations done,first aid kit checked and risk assessments done!!!

The bit that worries me is that the snow has wrecked the garden especially the lawn and my 3 legged cat has decided to dig mega holes in it and use it as a litter tray which he never has before!!!....why now!! I think Im going to have to risk assess it and ban the kids coz we're going to have to reseed it soon!

they seem to be inspecting most minders in Notts on time at the moment so Im almost praying for the phone to ring so i can relax!

right on to chinese new year planning while the babies sleep!

thanks for letting me rant girls!;)

Have you been inspected yet Ali? I do apologize but I just lolled really loudly at the nightmare you had. I'm sure they would never do that hun :D