PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Old and New theme

phoebe-alice
08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi there, this month me and the little ones have decided we should have an old and new theme.
We have already been to the museum to see lots of old artefacts including old toys, but I'm trying to think of activities and arts and crafts I can do with them throughout the month but can't seem to think of much so wondered if any of you had any ideas. My main mindee's are 2 and 3 but are very bright for their age, they love arts and crafts and role play activities just can't seem to think of anything fitting. I think I'm running on autopilot. :blush:
So please give your ideas if you can, I've seen the great ideas you all come up with! :laughing:

Kes
08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
How about old and new letters. The old ones can be aged with a tea bag.

jumpinjen
08-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Ask their parents if they can drag out balck and white photos og family members showing clothes, cars, houses etc,

Ask them for old recipes from granny's recipe book and cook some.... these are good links with home too!

look at how someone's old can become someone's new..... take some toys to the charity shop and choose a new toy/book to buy so they see the cycle?

try making some old toys/playing old games at home

erm,,,,, brain freeze now!

jen x

miffy
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Ask family members what was their favourite TV programme - see if you can get old videos of them for the children to watch.

Make a chart of how their family spends Sunday now and ask parents to say how it was spent when they were children - what things are the same, what are different?

Make a collage of pictures of old and new toys/old and new cars/old and new clothes or whatever takes your fancy

Miffy xx