PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5s - what to charge

VINASOL
08-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm being a little bit ahead of the game but, come September both of my mindees will be starting school and I do not know how to charge.

At our school they stagger when you start full-time. The older ones (born sep-dec) start school full-time before the younger ones.

So, one mindee S will start:

First two weeks in Sep: 0845-1130
Last two weeks in Sep: 0845-1230 9stays for lunch)
October: 0845-1505 (full time).

Mindee C will start:
September: 0845-1130
october: 0845-1230
November: 0845-1505 (full time).

Mindee S comes to me at 0730 and mum collects at 1530.
Mindee C comes to me at 0730 and mum collects at 1745.

How do I charge b efore they start full-time (i.e. collecting at 1130/1230 etc)?

manjay
08-01-2011, 11:41 AM
I would charge full day prices until each one starts full time school. Once they start full time I would switch to hourly before and after school.

FussyElmo
08-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I would charge full day prices until each one starts full time school. Once they start full time I would switch to hourly before and after school.

I did this last september they paid full while I was dropping off and collecting but once full time they went to my before and after school charges :thumbsup:

VINASOL
08-01-2011, 12:03 PM
What would I do in terms of my numbers then?

Rising 5s only start when they start full-time education, so my dilemma is this:

School starts 1st week September, then by November my 2nd mindee will start full time thus both being classed as rising 5.

This means then that I can't take on any more under 5s until November and then I would have missed out on the new intake at the nursery attached to the school.

Does that make sense?

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
What would I do in terms of my numbers then?

Rising 5s only start when they start full-time education, so my dilemma is this:

School starts 1st week September, then by November my 2nd mindee will start full time thus both being classed as rising 5.

This means then that I can't take on any more under 5s until November and then I would have missed out on the new intake at the nursery attached to the school.

Does that make sense?

Both are still under 5 so you cannot take on anymore until they are at school 10 sessions a week (full time)

I would charge full time rates until this time and then go to before/after school

mushpea
08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
I would charge full days before they go to school as youcant fill the space but if you have anyone enquire you could explain the situation and they may be able to manage till you can start in the november or the other thing to do is to ring ofsted and explain and ask what the chances of having a variaton untill the november would be,, as they know the child will be at school half days then full time in two months they may grant a variation for another one.

rickysmiths
08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I got a short variation to cover this time last Sept.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I got a short variation to cover this time last Sept.

They allowed you 5 under 5 for 8 weeks?

rickysmiths
08-01-2011, 03:08 PM

No I only had 4.

The daft thing is that the Monday they are in school full time we could have them all and do they really change that much in those first 4-8 weeks. Also at that point we could have just four year olds who have gone into school so actually on those grounds and continuety of car we should get Variations for these silly run in times to school.

They should be counted as over 5s the min they enter Reception.

MissTinkerbell
08-01-2011, 04:06 PM

They allowed me 5 under 5s - I only wanted it for 2 weeks but they dated my new certificate from the 3rd August so effectively it was for 6 weeks.

blue bear
08-01-2011, 05:51 PM
In our area parents are getting choice whether to take part or full time regardless of birthday I thought this was a nation wide thing that starts in sep, I would be checking if it affects your area as you may be worrying over nothing

Chimps Childminding
08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
When I had a lo start in September, she only went mornings for the first 2 1/2 weeks, so I continued to charge full fee, as I couldn't take anyone else on as I need to have her in the afternoons!

miffy
08-01-2011, 10:19 PM

I would do this too!

Miffy xx