PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of this?

son77
16-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Found this posted on my local netmums childcare section as a 'babysitter'

hi my names maria im 23
at the moment im working in a nursery which ill finish in two weeks i have my level 2 in childcare i have a son whos 3yrs old and will be starting school in sept part time,thats why i decided to stay at home till my son goes to school full time also it was costing alot to put him in i was was wondering if anyone would need any help i dont drive but i do live in heath hayes cannock and always use the bus i also dont mind doing messy play. hope to here from anyonexxxxxxx

Does she mean does anyone want her to look after her kids during the day?

Surely this isnt allowed?

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes I think basically she is asking if anyone needs help looking after their kids - I dont think she realises that it is not allowed to be honest and looks like she is just out for extra cash maybe

No it is not allowed but you would be surprised at how many people do not know that

I see adverts like this a lot on netmums but most say they are babysitters to cover them selves I think !

Angel xx

littlesprogs
16-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I think she means does anyone want her to look after her children during the day yes.

you could always be sneeky and email her asking if she means daytime care and how much she charges etc.

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes good idea Louise

Make out you are interested or something

Angel xx

jmoff
16-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I like this bit the most!

... also dont mind doing messy play...

:laughing:

Jana x

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 01:02 PM
haha yeah i had to laugh at that bit

xxx

mrsbumbles
16-04-2008, 01:04 PM
If she is adverising herself as a Nanny, there are no regulations in place to say that she cant. Anyone can do a Nanny job you dont even have to have any qualification :eek:

If She advertising as an unregistered childminder then she is being unlawful and should be reported.

son77
16-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I was going to send her an email but can't change my email adress which has 'childminder' in it, think she may get sus!!

Spangles
16-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I think she's offering to look after other people's children otherwise why would she say that she doesn't mind doing messy play?

You could report her to Netmums - maybe they don't know it's illegal either?

jmoff
16-04-2008, 01:18 PM
...I think she is checking out what her options are...she can do nannying.nanny share sort of thing or babysitting...which is allowed to do.
Shame about the ad though.

Jana x

sarah707
16-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I've got a number of email addresses... it takes about 5 minutes to make them in hotmail and yahoo... :D

Twinkles
16-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I agree with mrsmumbles , she isn't doing anything wrong/illegal if she is offering to go to someone's house.

disney
16-04-2008, 07:10 PM
:rolleyes: yes thats not a bad idea maybe i could look after some children in some one elses house keep mine clean . not to mention the money iwould save on fuel bills , food & arts & crafts ect :laughing: x

louise
16-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi, I think i have put my cousin of childminding. She is a Nanny and gets £25000 a year and not the outgoing we have or ofsted and eyfs. She was going to do it when she has kids but now is going to find a job that she can take her child with her. Sorry slightly off thread but it does annoy me how she can plead poverty with that wage and her Hubbie on more.

son77
17-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Just to let you know, her ad has been removed.

miffy
17-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Maybe someone else complained then - or worse she got some work from it :eek:

miffy xx