PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted been YEY!

twinkle3005
08-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I had my Ofsted (Prospect) visit yesterday and was told I would be graded GOOD! I'm really chuffed and the inspector was lovely and complimented my setting saying I did more than neccessary for EYFS and that I seemed always 'to go the extra mile' for parents and children. The only thing she pulled me up on was I hadn't made contact with a childs playgroup. J started this playgroup in October but will be leaving me at the end of the month to start nursery full time so I didn't think it was worth liaising with them for such a short period of time but I did explain that I would pass on his Obs folder and learning journal when he leaves. To be honest I wasn't too concerned what grading I got because I had asked parents if they wanted to comment to the inspector and two wrote lovely references (which made me cry) and the third was dropping off when the inspector was here so had a chat with her and said some complimentary and personal thoughts about me and the care I provide. To me as long as the parents and children are happy then if my paperwork isn't 'Outstanding' then so be it.

Noomie
08-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Well done you!:thumbsup:

I think you are right about the grading. It is nice to have good and outstanding as it certifies the great job we do but isn't it more about the families we work with and whether they are happy? Clearly your parents are more than happy and that in itself is rewarding.

Vickster
08-01-2011, 08:21 AM
That is great news. You must be really pleased.

Mrs Pootle
08-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Well done on your inspection :clapping: :clapping: It is so nice when parents say good things about you.

Milli147
08-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Well done, congratulations!

I have a child that I just give breakfast to and then take him to nursery - I have him max 40 mins, twice a week, and had only had him a month when Ofsted came. They pulled me up on the same thing! I think they just like to have something to put in the recommendations box:huh:

sarah707
08-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Well done you! :clapping: