PDA

View Full Version : Another Enquiry! - More advice please.

Lottie
16-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Hi girls

Just got another enquiry from a Mum with a 8.5 month old baby. She is coming over tomorrow afternoon for a visit. She has already explained to me that she is keeping her options open and is not sure whether to go childminding or nursery route. She has told me that she is visiting a nursery and another childminder as well.
She is not returning to work till June and needs 3 full days a week.

I of course gave her my opinion that childminders are better from my own experience.

Okay what I need advice on is what I should be showing her. Obviously policies and paper work and prospectus.

-Should I give her a prospectus to take away?
-As for policies I don't have much regarding babies, are there any specific one's I should be writing up?
-What about deposits or retainers, or do I wait until she says I am the one?
- Anything else that I might have not thought about??

Obviously I am competing with another childminder and a nursery so need to be amazing!

Your advice, as always, would be greatly appreciated!

fionamal
16-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I always give away a prospectus, that way they have everything about you and your contact details at hand.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

ma7ie
16-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi girls

Just got another enquiry from a Mum with a 8.5 month old baby. She is coming over tomorrow afternoon for a visit. She has already explained to me that she is keeping her options open and is not sure whether to go childminding or nursery route. She has told me that she is visiting a nursery and another childminder as well.
She is not returning to work till June and needs 3 full days a week.

I of course gave her my opinion that childminders are better from my own experience.

Okay what I need advice on is what I should be showing her. Obviously policies and paper work and prospectus.

-Should I give her a prospectus to take away?I always do, it looks professional and she will have all your information to hand
-As for policies I don't have much regarding babies, are there any specific one's I should be writing up? Sleeping Baby policy, Nappy and toilet training policy maybe
-What about deposits or retainers, or do I wait until she says I am the one?I would explain my deposit and retainer charges.
- Anything else that I might have not thought about??I find it helpful to have a list of things I want to say and show parent round house, pointing out resources, safety equipment, sleeping arrangements etc

Obviously I am competing with another childminder and a nursery so need to be amazing!

Your advice, as always, would be greatly appreciated!

Good luck:D

jmoff
16-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree with what has been said.

Instead of giving my prospectus to the parents I ask for their email address on the phone and send it to them straight away...that way they know most info before they come to see me and may have more questions...just an idea.

Good luck! I am sure you will be fine though.

Jana x

sarah707
16-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Oooo Jana! Emailing is a great idea, saves paper and ink too!

As far as baby policies, I'm not sure what you can do more than show her where baby will sleep, toys you have, talk about how your house is safe for when baby starts to move, emphasise your commitment to keeping baby healthy with regular outings etc, talk about when you will provide food / drink and when she needs to keep sending it, nappy changing by child's routine not yours....

You might find she comes with a list - most new mothers do! Good luck! :D

Lottie
16-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks girls!! You have really helped. :thumbsup:

One little question. What would I write for a nappy policy?