PDA

View Full Version : teeny tiny babies

angiemog
07-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Hi,
I'm going to be having 2 teeny tiny babies starting in the next 4-6 months. They will both be only a few weeks old. Having never had children myself what would you say are must have items for the first 6 months? All my mindees have been around 8 months when they have started. Thanks xx

Pixie dust
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I am minding a 10 week old had her since 2 weeks old, the main things I use is a bouncy chair and an activity mat at the moment.
You will need to organise bottles are you going to need to sterilse them?
I have a travel cot where I can lay her set up in my lounge.

Good luck I love having little babies but they can be hard work.

mufftie
07-01-2011, 08:47 PM
lucky you how lovely
small babies do a lot of sleeping so therefore a comfy bed like a carry cot is useful so you can set up a good routine for them

The Juggler
07-01-2011, 10:37 PM
i agree, a play mat/gym and a bouncy chair plus maybe some baby friendly music, baby mozart etc and small soft sensory toys.

def. some good cushions for all the holding/feeding you'll be doing to save you getting arm ache.

v. jealous:)

SamWilliams1980
07-01-2011, 10:50 PM
dont really have anything to add, just wanted to say lucky you, so jealous:) :)

Pipsqueak
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
awww how sweet. I have had M since she was 14 weeks.

thankfully I had all my baby gear left over from my kids.

steriliser/equipment
monitors?
bouncy chair
I have a reclining high chair - very useful in the kitchen
travel cot
car seats
phil and teds double pushchair

angiemog
07-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks for your replies. I think then I will buy a bouncy chair, moses basket or is a travel cot ok for tiny ones? and a play gym/mat. I have a few sensory toys, baby einstein music, a microwave steriliser, car seat, push chair that lays flat (I may replace this though). I am looking forward to it, but am feeling anxious too. At the mo I'm having one little one 1 day and the other one 3 days. Eeek. Thanks again xx

sillysausage
08-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I was going to ask if you were having both babies at the same time, but I think you've answered that

At the mo I'm having one little one 1 day and the other one 3 days.

but just a reminder that if you are going to have them together you will need to apply for a variation to your registration to allow you to have 2 under ones.

MissTinkerbell
08-01-2011, 05:52 PM
When my twins were babies I found a V-shaped cushion was great for giving them bottles at the same time. Position it across your knees and then one baby either side of you, facing you. You can position it around them to give them lots of support.

sandy64
08-01-2011, 05:59 PM
wow how cute are they twins? i think everyones covered most things but i would just add musical toys babys love to listen to lullabys and a soft baby gym good luck :)

angiemog
09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks again, no not twins both are siblings of current mindees and are due within 6 weeks of each other. I won't be having them together :panic: both parents are flexible with days so am waiting til both are born and then look at my current situation and I'll see what days are best. I will have spaces as both parents will be reducing their hours of work. I am really looking forward to it but eeeeek. x

francinejayne
09-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your replies. I think then I will buy a bouncy chair, moses basket or is a travel cot ok for tiny ones? and a play gym/mat. I have a few sensory toys, baby einstein music, a microwave steriliser, car seat, push chair that lays flat (I may replace this though). I am looking forward to it, but am feeling anxious too. At the mo I'm having one little one 1 day and the other one 3 days. Eeek. Thanks again xx

I used moses baskets for my own babies before I was minding, but now I'm minding i wouldn't use a moses basket in the same room as other mindees, as I feel that if older ones got a bit too boisterous they could knock it over? A travel cot is fine though! Asda do some cheap ones! And if you wait for the baby weeks they only cost about £15!