PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED HAVE BEEN!!

son77
16-04-2008, 12:01 PM
They came yesterday after just giving me 1 days notice!

Arrived at 1pm left at 3.10pm.

She was lovely, never asked me any questions, just looked though my paperwork & observed.

My grade - GOOD in all areas.

Really pleased (outstanding would of been fab but she said she couldn't give me a better grade because I care for a baby & doesn't have enough proof of what I say I would do with an older child & that baby can't talk to say what we do!!)

My recommendation is that I must wash babies hands after nappy changes, wiping hands with wet wipes doesn't surfice (even though my friends report said that wiping hands after nappy changes was good!). But there you go, not consistancy with Ofsted.

Her last comment was don't expect my next inspection to be as long as 3 years & they want to do them more regulary :panic:

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 12:03 PM
That is great news hope you are proud of yourself

What a silly thing for her to pick you up on regarding the wipes - if wipes are good enough for a babys bum and to remove poo then why not good enough for a babys hands .... they do make you laugh dont they?

Well done though - you can relax now and go and celebrate

Angel xx

crazybones
16-04-2008, 12:03 PM
:clapping: Congratulations:clapping: Well done. :clapping:

Rubybubbles
16-04-2008, 12:05 PM
great news well done!!

Just a question thought, how did she say to wash the babys hands then, it's not like you can hang hold them over the sink:rolleyes:

son77
16-04-2008, 12:07 PM
She never said about how to wash, I presume over the sink!

She also said that if you ever use a bowl for all children to wash hands in (so they share the same water) then after drying you need to use anti bac wipes or gel aswell.

allinatiz
16-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Well done! :clapping:

Sounds to me like she was looking for something to pick you up on :rolleyes:

miffy
16-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Well done! :clapping:

Sounds to me like she was looking for something to pick you up on :rolleyes:

I agree! Seems very picky

Well done you

miffy xx

ruby
16-04-2008, 12:17 PM
well done
if that was the only thing she could find fault with i wouldn't worry

congratulations

cathy

crazybones
16-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Just remembered, when my inspector came, the boys went to wash their hands before snack time and Will grabbed inspectors hand. She didnt move off her seat so he brought her back a flannel from the downstairs loo. Good enough though she did get up and wash her hands as she was about to have a cuppa and biscuit. But I was well impressed with him. :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
16-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Well done:clapping: :clapping:

They always seem to pick up on something.

Carol xx

ma7ie
16-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Congratulations on your grade. Bet you're relieved it's all over.

I wiped childrens hands with a wet wipe after nappy change and my inspector never battered an eyelid.

I forgot to wash their hands before snack though :blush: and still got good.

Think it depends on who you get.

Blaze
16-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Congratulations!:clapping:
Blaze:thumbsup:

mrsbumbles
16-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Well done, you can relax alittle now :thumbsup:

Trouble
16-04-2008, 12:51 PM
well done to you also

jmoff
16-04-2008, 12:52 PM
well done you! At least its over hey!!

Jana x

jmoff
16-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Just remembered, when my inspector came, the boys went to wash their hands before snack time and Will grabbed inspectors hand. She didnt move off her seat so he brought her back a flannel from the downstairs loo. Good enough though she did get up and wash her hands as she was about to have a cuppa and biscuit. But I was well impressed with him. :thumbsup:

clever Will !:laughing: :laughing:

Jana x

Spangles
16-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Well done!

I wash hands with a wipe after nappy change and potty as my bathroom's upstairs and it's a real pain otherwise.

Guess I'll have to change that then! What a pain traipsing up and down the stairs!

LittleMissSparkles
16-04-2008, 01:14 PM
:clapping: well done xxxx

mumtodaniel
16-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Well done, treat yourself to something nice, even if it only a choc biscuit. I had mine monday and I know how relieved you felt when they left - great result. Mine told me it would be three years though until the next one, so who knows!!

kaz1501
16-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Well done to you :clapping:

I too use wipes as my bathroom is upstairs:rolleyes:

Karen
x x x

sarah707
16-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

nell57
16-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Well done:clapping:

Helen

buildingblocks
16-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Really pleased (outstanding would of been fab but she said she couldn't give me a better grade because I care for a baby & doesn't have enough proof of what I say I would do with an older child & that baby can't talk to say what we do!!)

Fantastic well done

I do think that is a bit unfair saying that though what if you never look after an older age child. To me your inspection should be based on the children present (and evidence of previous children) not IF you have children of an older age at some time in the future.

i have a friend who chooses only to car for 3 - 5 yr olds so from the sounds of this she will never get an outstanding as she has never and never will care for under 3's

Jinx
16-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Well done on getting Good.:clapping: Sounds to me like you actually deserved Outstanding but had a fussy inspector! Can't believe some of the :censored: they come out with! Would it not be dangerous to dangle a baby over a sink to wash their hands?! :rolleyes:
I too only have babies on roll, 10mths, 13mths and 20mths and the inspector graded me on the quality of the care I provided there and then, which is what they should be doing, surely!:rolleyes:
I think just surviving an inspection is good enough excuse to celebrate, so I hope you are doing something nice.
Well Done
Jinx x

emler
16-04-2008, 05:29 PM
:clapping: well done you :clapping:

Emler x

Lou
16-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Well done thats a great result, sounds a bit picky to me but still great so celebrate!!

elaineg
16-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Well done,

love Elaine XXX

carolinel
16-04-2008, 06:42 PM
well done that's brilliant!!

I can't believe she didn't ask you any questions- that was the worst part of my inspection!!

disney
16-04-2008, 06:49 PM
well done , it all sounds good to me i think you got a real good grade , think she was just picking up on the hand washing as it looks good for her job thats all . :)

littletreasures
16-04-2008, 06:52 PM
More inconsistencies then!!

Well done though. Relax now

littletreasures

peggy
16-04-2008, 06:58 PM
They came yesterday after just giving me 1 days notice!

Arrived at 1pm left at 3.10pm.

She was lovely, never asked me any questions, just looked though my paperwork & observed.

My grade - GOOD in all areas.

My recommendation is that I must wash babies hands after nappy changes, wiping hands with wet wipes doesn't surfice (even though my friends report said that wiping hands after nappy changes was good!). But there you go, not consistancy with Ofsted.

Her last comment was don't expect my next inspection to be as long as 3 years & they want to do them more regulary :panic:

Well done! Many congratulations!

Eeek though more inspections......!

tulip0803
16-04-2008, 07:00 PM
:cheerleader: Well done :cheerleader:

son77
17-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone xxx

donnahay0
17-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Well done you - celebrate - the pressure is off.

deeb66
17-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Brilliant news

Well done

:clapping: :clapping:

ChocolateChip
17-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Well done you!
Sounds like she's really picky, so you did fantastic!
Don't like the sound of that last comment, though!

:clapping: