PDA

View Full Version : Mum's letter made me cry!

buzzy bee
07-01-2011, 01:28 PM
One of my mums just returned mindee's learning journey and had put a lovely letter in it that made me cry!! Her words were so lovely. Couldn't have been better timed as I have Ofsted coming next week!

You know when you start to wonder whether you're in the right job and you just need a big ego boost!!

Still very scared about Ofsted tho - I don't feel anywhere near ready :panic:

miffy
07-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Who cares what Ofsted think, mindees mum is far more important and she obviously appreciates what you're doing!

Make sure you waft the letter under Mrs O's nose :D

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

LOOPYLISA
07-01-2011, 01:36 PM
How lovely :thumbsup:

The Juggler
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
aww. i often have a little sob if I get a lovely card from parentsx

buzzy bee
07-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Who cares what Ofsted think, mindees mum is far more important and she obviously appreciates what you're doing!
Miffy xx

Thanks! It does put it into perspective - we get so bogged down in all the paperwork and making sure we do everything by the book, but at the end of the day, the reason we do this job is for our mindees and their families!

veritybirkettjo
07-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Sounds like you're doing a great job!! Well Done!! xx:) :)

buzzy bee
07-01-2011, 01:45 PM
... well... and the money!

miffy
07-01-2011, 01:47 PM
... well... and the money!

Oh yes, wouldn't do without that! :laughing:

Miffy xx

mufftie
07-01-2011, 01:56 PM
i dont give 2 hoots about what ofsted thinks tbh i know im doing a good job and my parents are more than happy with me and thats all that matters to me , ofsted have gone far too over the top as regards to paperwok in my opinion and that remark in the childs book off your parent should be your inspiration to keep on doing exactly what youve obviuously being doing well before :clapping:

Bridey
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
i dont give 2 hoots about what ofsted thinks tbh i know im doing a good job and my parents are more than happy with me and thats all that matters to me , ofsted have gone far too over the top as regards to paperwok in my opinion and that remark in the childs book off your parent should be your inspiration to keep on doing exactly what youve obviuously being doing well before :clapping:

Hear, hear, well said :)

guest4
07-01-2011, 02:30 PM
It is lovely when you get a little appreciation, either written or verbal.....
Well done you!!!!!

I keep a file with any little messages, notes etc from parents and put it in my folder for Ofsted to see!!!!!

Can't hurt can it????;)

Good Luck,
Tracey x

samb
07-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Ah that is really lovely. Well done you

PixiePetal
07-01-2011, 03:23 PM
My inspector really liked my cards and comments from parents - said it showed great communication and understanding between us all and she was moved by one or two in particular.

I keep then all in a file to remind me on a bad day that what I am doing is a great job most of the time :D

good luck for the inspection :)

Ripeberry
07-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Make sure you waft the letter under Mrs O's nose :D

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

I had a letter like that as I'd asked the mum to write a letter for the Ofsted lady. The rest is history as they say :thumbsup: Make sure Ofsted see it :)

buzzy bee
08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks everyone :blush:

Love the file idea, thanks - think I'll start one of those!

karensmart4
08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I put all of my letters cards etc in a file, what I would suggest to you is...

photocopy the letter put one in a file and leave the original in the LJ.

When Ofsted come they only look at the LJ's of the children you have there and then, so this way they def get to see the letter :thumbsup:

That was lovely of the parent, you ob do a bril job :D