PDA

View Full Version : i need a double buggy

sarahcoutts21
16-04-2008, 10:16 AM
i have new mindee starting in june and she will be 10 months old plus i will have a 1 year old so i amnow in serach of a double buggy is the agros century one any good

haribo
16-04-2008, 10:25 AM
i dont know but it looks ok and its cheap enough , i was thinking of getting that too , but got more time as dont need one till sept. will be intersted in any replies from someone whos got one x

Noodles
16-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I have this buggy it is fine and serves its purpose but is quite heavy.
I really want a phil and teds but cannot find one cheap enough :(

cherry
16-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Do you have any car boots near to you as that's where I get most of my equipment.

I got a lovely double buggy last year for only £5.00 with raincover!

devoncm
16-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Thats what i do -go to carboots, thats my plan for double buggy and high chair, in my area its carboot city in summer months.

cherry
16-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Yep, they've just started here :clapping:

Can't wait, down side, no more Sunday lie in's

Rubybubbles
16-04-2008, 12:21 PM
I need a side by side twin if I get this new baby in the summer, let us know how you get on:D

Rubybubbles
16-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I have this buggy it is fine and serves its purpose but is quite heavy.
I really want a phil and teds but cannot find one cheap enough :(

I have the e3 one and am eyeing up the twin one now:o tis very £££££ though

Pudding Girl
16-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I have a Little Shield Meribel twin side by side, and it's lovely :) got it from boohoobaby.co.uk

Noodles
16-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I have the e3 one and am eyeing up the twin one now:o tis very £££££ though

Is the E3 the one in front of the other if so do you like it:)

Rubybubbles
16-04-2008, 12:55 PM

yes it is and I love it love it love it!! ((If you search on here phil & teds I am rambling on every time its mentioned:laughing: )

The only reason I'm looking at the twin one (which again looks fab a rooney!!) is the baby's will only have 3 months between them and if the one in front is a sleep I can't lie them back IYSWIM!! And I love my P&T's so much and have a very narrow front door .................I've started saving £50 a month need it for October if I get this baby:laughing: and any extra hubby can pay

sarahcoutts21
16-04-2008, 09:29 PM
thanks for that guys will have a look around for one to see if i can get one cheap enough!

hbomb1
17-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Have you looked at the M&P Twin Aria pushchair? It is much lighter than other double buggies. It is around £180 from Glasgow Pram Centre. Checkout ebay for any second hand buggies too.

When my two boys were younger I had a Maclaren double pushchair and it was like pushing a tank around!

Hope you manage to find something suitable.

manjay
17-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Sorry can't help with the one in Argos but I know some others on here bought it a while ago.

I bought an out and about nipper 360 side by side at the beginning of this year. I did loads of research as it had to tick lots of boxes. It wasn't cheap but I know it will last me a long time and they hold their value if resold on ebay.

I borrowed a maclaren twin before i bought mine and that was a definite no no for me. Way too heavy to push and really difficult to lift in and out of the car.

Good luck in finding something

Jinx
17-04-2008, 08:42 AM

I have just bought a Phil and Teds Sport and I absolutely love it!!! It was very expensive, but I use it every day and I Know I'll get good money for it if I sell it. The 2 I look after are 10mths and 13mths so they take it in turns being at the front or back. I could go on and on about how great this buggy is, but even I know I'm starting to get boring now!:thumbsup:

Jinx x

MissTinkerbell
17-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Just wanted to second Jinx. I have the psort for my twins and it is GREAT. Absolutely fantastic. Wishe I'd had one as soon as they were able to sit up.

kats
17-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi Sarah, i have. Also the century double buggy, bought it about 4 weeks ago,from argos, i mind a 2 year old and a 5 month old baby. I think its fantastic, it fits through almost any door way, unlike a lot of others. Also you get a rain cover free with it and it lies back for the baby .
love kats xx

allinatiz
17-04-2008, 12:35 PM
It's worth keeping an eye out for offers in Netto, my local one has a koochi twin buggy for £69.99 at the minute. I have no idea if it's any good though.

Do you have a resource centre near you? I have borrowed my double buggy from my local resource centre for free (well, a £20 cheque which is only cashed if you damage the buggy!).

Ruth Gray
17-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I can highly recommend the Mamas and Papas twin aria pushchair. It is SO light to carry/push and will fit through most doorways. I bought mine off ebay for £50 and it is worth every penny!! Also, you could try realcycle(formally known as 'freecycle) as you could be fortunate and have some kind soul give you one for free!

Hope you manage to get one :)