PDA

View Full Version : I need the toilet

Zoomie
06-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Twice we have been to the park this week and 2/3 mindees pipe out that they need the toilet. They are all girls.

Now I always encourage children to use the toilet before we go out, but only one really sees the need to try and have a go before we go out.

Notwithstanding, if you need to go, well you need to go. I had stopped bringing the portable potty out with us (LOs are 3 and 4 and been trained 6 months +), so it is either the toilet cabin at 20p a time (and they never want to go at the same time), or in the bush! (and how do you help girls to do it this way without it going all over your hands, shoes or down their clothes :panic: )

So what do you do with little girls when you are out at the park and nature calls ...

Louise0208
06-01-2011, 09:02 PM
RUN :jump for joy:

and hope you get home in time....though if there was payable loos in our park i would use them :)

Ripeberry
06-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Well, I've got two girls of my own and when they were younger I used to lift them up with one arm under their arms and the other under their knees so they were hovering in mid air.
That way nothing usualy got wet.
I wonder if they do a 'she wee' for children? :idea:

Bendy
06-01-2011, 10:50 PM
It might just be the cold weather, I always seem to need the loo more often especially when waiting in the school playground. :o

miss mopple
07-01-2011, 07:27 AM
In the bush every time :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
07-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Personally I wouldn't take no for an answer for the wee-before-we-leave.

No wee, no park, simple

If you do ever get caught short with a small girl their is a way of picking them up so they can wee without it going all over everything but it's not good for your back!

PixiePetal
07-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Well, I've got two girls of my own and when they were younger I used to lift them up with one arm under their arms and the other under their knees so they were hovering in mid air.
That way nothing usualy got wet.
I wonder if they do a 'she wee' for children? :idea:

that has always been my technique too. hold at arms length as far away from your shoes!!

at that age I would say they had to try before you left and explain that you might have to come home. they should be able to hold for a short while

gegele
07-01-2011, 12:17 PM
i hold my daughter behind the knees, my elbows resting on my bent legs to save my back and we aim at a tree like boy lol

:laughing: :laughing:

i would insist for wee before aswell and have to go home if pee as my DD use to LOVE peeing outside when she was 3!!:eek: