PDA

View Full Version : tv in bedroom where children will sleep

nb73
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi, I need to send off my final paperwork to Ofsted then await my pre-reg visit. However, i am intending to use one of my bedrooms for the children to sleep, but has a tv on top of a wooden chest of drawers (tv not used or plugged in though!). Obviously I have risk assessed the danger, but will ofsted ask me to remove it from the room? Its too heavy to go in my loft!! Thank you!

butterfly
06-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I wouldn't have thought so. I didn't move any of my things in the bedrooms. Will you be using a cot for sleeping or normal bed? If it's a cot the children wouldn't have access to it.

Can't see much risk in a tv.

MissTinkerbell
06-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I wouldn't have thought so...

When I had my pre-reg I was expecting the inspectot to tell me that we would have to take down the big swords hanging on the walls in the hallway and also the bow/arrow on display in the dining room - but they never even mentioned them!

rickysmiths
06-01-2011, 01:25 PM
I had a TV on a low chest in a bedroom but the children slept in a cot so there was no risk. If the children are in a bed I would just unplug the TV so they csn't put it on and make sure they couldn't pull it over.

Bridey
06-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Should be fine as long as the wires aren't dangling. Either secure them to the chest of drawers or wall, remove them (if tv not in use) or coil them up out of reach using cable ties.

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
It will be fine as long as there isn't any danger from the wires

Ripeberry
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
I wouldn't have thought so...

When I had my pre-reg I was expecting the inspectot to tell me that we would have to take down the big swords hanging on the walls in the hallway and also the bow/arrow on display in the dining room - but they never even mentioned them!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

mum2two
06-01-2011, 06:25 PM
No... We have all three of our rooms registered, and all three rooms have tv's in - plus all the other usual junk!

As long as you risk assess, and show ofsted how you will keep the children safe, (ie they will be secure in a cot) you will be fine.

At the end of the day, it's our home, and ofsted do respect that.

You will be fine. Send the paperwork off & go for it! :D The pre-reg visit is there for them to discuss anything you may have to change. Nothing has to be done & final, she will advise you, so it's nothing to worry about!

Good luck with it all. :thumbsup:

xx

nb73
06-01-2011, 08:40 PM
thanks for all your advice ladies, much appreciated. depending on the age of the children they will either be in a ready bed (if parents allow), on the sofa bed or in a cot. the wires are hidden behind the chest of drawers so they cannot access it x