PDA

View Full Version : Should I close?

clio0602
06-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Just had call from school ds 9yrs been sick so I've had to pick him up. I have 15mth old all day and need to do 2 school pick ups later.

Do you think I need to close if he stays in his room? Not sure what to do as he sometimes makes himself sick and never sure if he's really ill or not :(

mushpea
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
As you cant be sure i would ring parents to explain and let them choose,,, I look after one that makes himself sick and always accepted him when mum had said he made himself sick,,, just before chrismtas she said he had made himself sick but was ok yet my son was ill over christmas so from now on I am not willing to take the risk and if he makes hiimself sick then hes not comming for 48hrs,,,

Bridey
06-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I would say 'yes' you have to close and I must admit that IF he's faking then I will be making the rest of his day as miserable as possible ... stay in his room by himself, no tv or computer games (too ill), just a bit of toast and water to eat and a cancelled treat (can't afford it now you've had to close) etc etc.

Obviously lots of sympathy and tlc if he's genuine!

clio0602
06-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes he's in his bedroom no telly etc which he made no fuss about so maybe he is feeling ill :o Can't get hold of parents so I'll txt and see if they get back to me. First day back for my baby aswell :(

zillervalley
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
i would alsp contact the parents and explain and leave it up to them to decide

time will tell in the day if dd has made himself sick at school

hope all turns out for you

butterfly
06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
It's really hard isn't it? especially if you'll lose money over it.

I said i would be much harder on mindees and not accept them if they were ill but then i'd still get paid.

in the past i have spoken to parents about the situation saying that i feel i'm able to work as my child isn't too bad and given them the choice. therefore if they chose to collect their children they would still have to pay. if i truely thought my child was a risk to others i would close but often my daughter just sleeps upstairs and doesn't come into contact with the mindees as she feels too ill. i would double disinfect everything just to be careful!!

clio0602
06-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Well after txting both parents of both lots of children dad of school pick ups txt and said he would collect but still nothing from the babys parents. She's having an early lunch as she's tired then will hopefully sleep for an hour. Just have to keep seperate as far as possible and go round with my dettox disinfectant spray :D

miffy
06-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Well after txting both parents of both lots of children dad of school pick ups txt and said he would collect but still nothing from the babys parents. She's having an early lunch as she's tired then will hopefully sleep for an hour. Just have to keep seperate as far as possible and go round with my dettox disinfectant spray :D

Not much more you can do really.

Hope your ds is soon feeling better.

Miffy xx