PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling a contract

nickycodack
05-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone, i have to say goodbye to one of the children I look after due to various reasons. I am wondering whether i should be truthful with the parent in saying that the child is having a bad impact on the others i look after or just give a nice letter to say due to personal circumstances (college course) i have to terminate the contract.
Also, I have never had to do this before and wonder if anyone may have a template of a termination of contract letter i could look at to get an idea of what to write.
Many thanks

Trouble
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Hi everyone, i have to say goodbye to one of the children I look after due to various reasons. I am wondering whether i should be truthful with the parent in saying that the child is having a bad impact on the others i look after or just give a nice letter to say due to personal circumstances (college course) i have to terminate the contract.
Also, I have never had to do this before and wonder if anyone may have a template of a termination of contract letter i could look at to get an idea of what to write.
Many thanks

Sorry your having to do this :(

i wouldnt make it personal i would say due to personal circumstances or a change in circumstances

there are some good things on here

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

but i would add a paragraph that says due to a change in circumstances i can not long care for your child from

the add the rest of the other one on bromley

good luck :thumbsup:

nickycodack
06-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for your advise, I was looking on that website last night.
Cheers:)

miffy
06-01-2011, 05:43 PM
I would keep your letter short and to the point - don't go into too much detail.

Hope mum is OK with you and good luck with your college course

Miffy xx

clumpcat
06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
i am in a similar situation, i have however put in the letter that i am ending the contract (in 4 weeks) due to your child's enthusiastic nature and the impact it is having on the children i also look after. i didn't make it too personal just said i had to take into account the other children who i care for and i hoped she found suitable childcare soon.

i think the parent is hoping i will change my mind but as she turned up an hour early for drop off this morning i definately won't be changing my mind!!

Bridey
06-01-2011, 06:32 PM
i am in a similar situation, i have however put in the letter that i am ending the contract (in 4 weeks) due to your child's enthusiastic nature and the impact it is having on the children i also look after. i didn't make it too personal just said i had to take into account the other children who i care for and i hoped she found suitable childcare soon.

i think the parent is hoping i will change my mind but as she turned up an hour early for drop off this morning i definately won't be changing my mind!!

LOL - looks like the enthusiastic nature runs in the family! :rolleyes: