PDA

View Full Version : Building work advice

Vickster
05-01-2011, 09:22 PM
My H has decided in the last two days that he wants to convert the bin cupboard into a downstairs toilet. I know I need to call Ofsted. I have asked him to arrange it so the work men are not here on a Tues and a Weds when i have my 9 Month old baby, but they are likely to be here when I have my 4 year old (am's only) and my after schoolie. I need to get a visitors book, don't I. Is there anything else I need to do or shall I just call Ofsted tomorrow?

Pixie dust
05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I asked a similiar question a couple of days ago. The main thing seems to be make sure you complete a risk assesment.

sarah707
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
If they don't need to come into the house it's a bonus!

You can just risk assess the areas they use as out of bounds for the children and show how you meet their toileting needs while the work is completed.

I hope it goes smoothly for you :D

Ripeberry
05-01-2011, 10:42 PM
In february/march we are having builders coming in to totaly gut our bathroom upstairs and fit a new one. I'm going to block off the hallway so the mindees don't come in contact with the builders.
I'll be doing a risk assesment and telling the parents that builders will be in the house.But I'm planning to be out for most of the day and if the kids need a sleep it will have to be in the car (1hr max).

TheBTeam
06-01-2011, 08:29 AM
In february/march we are having builders coming in to totaly gut our bathroom upstairs and fit a new one. I'm going to block off the hallway so the mindees don't come in contact with the builders.
I'll be doing a risk assesment and telling the parents that builders will be in the house.But I'm planning to be out for most of the day and if the kids need a sleep it will have to be in the car (1hr max).

We are currently having our bathroom done, and it has not impacted on the little one sleeping, the noise levels have been minimal, the main impact is the dust sheets on part of the floor and sometimes doors being open.

The worst part was the initial ripping out of the old stuff which took very little time, we have managed minding 3 little ones and a puppy around without too much of a problem. We had a picnic lunch in the corner of the living room as the conservatory table was covered in building stuff at the time.
I have had the men sign in etc and made provision with a camping toilet so that they do not have to keep interrupting the bathroom work as it is our only toilet.