PDA

View Full Version : Should they pay?

rhea26
05-01-2011, 07:25 PM
I am unsure on whether to charge for a day child minding.
The child was meant to be at mine at 8 30, it got to 9 30 and they didnt show so I text asking if everything was ok and if I was having them, they rang back at 10 30 and said they had forgot what day it was and forgot he was coming to me, I said I could still have him as we were still in so they said they would drop in round in an hour or so.
My kids were bit unwell with colds then my son was sick once, so I rang back and explained to mum he had been sick but I could still have K if they wanted me to, I said it was up to her if she wanted to send him, she said she would check with husband and call back, called back and said not to worry about having him.
Now do I charge for the day or not as it was my child who was ill? If I hadnt of text them they probably wouldnt of shown up so I would of still been paid anyway!:rolleyes:
Thanks x

Hebs
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
as you rang to say your child was ill i dont think you can charge

sorry

mummyofone
05-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Although you told them that your child was unwell, you still stated to them that you could take their child.

I would still charge them for the whole day, you gave them the choice and they chose not to send them.

I am always told, if you are open for business you charge is your are not available then you don't charge.

Hope this helps.
x

gigglinggoblin
05-01-2011, 07:31 PM
You probably shouldnt be open if your child has vomited so no, I wouldnt charge

Bridey
05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
If your child has vomited then you certainly can't work and can't charge them.

pinkbutterfly
05-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I would still charge them for the whole day, you gave them the choice and they chose not to send them.

I'm sorry but this is hardly choice ... send a child in to get ill too or keep him/her at home. Surely sickness policy would state 48 hours from being sick so she was unavailable today and should be unavailable tomorrow as well.
I would not charge.

caz3007
05-01-2011, 07:34 PM
I wouldnt charge, as in theory if your child is sick you should close. But if they had taken the option to come and take a chance, then thats their choice.

mummyofone
05-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry dosen't look like you should listen to me :blush:

mummyofone
05-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry but this is hardly choice ... send a child in to get ill too or keep him/her at home. Surely sickness policy would state 48 hours from being sick so she was unavailable today and should be unavailable tomorrow as well.
I would not charge.

sorry, it is 48 hours but i have parents who after being told that I was sick, still brought their children to me in the morning. Not all parents mind sending them.

Didn't mean to cause any offence

onceinabluemoon
05-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't think you should charge either, reasons as above.

If your child had not been sick and they chose not to use the place because they just forgot then it would be different. In those circumstances I would say charge.

FussyElmo
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM
sorry, it is 48 hours but i have parents who after being told that I was sick, still brought their children to me in the morning. Not all parents mind sending them.

Didn't mean to cause any offence

It should be 48 hours and it is something you should be quite strict on. Some parents will still send the child if you have been ill thinking if you dont object then it doesnt matter. It also sets the precedent of you having their child when they are sick if you havent closed when you were.

There is nothing worse than getting a sickness bug and not being able to get rid of it.

mummyofone
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=FussyElmo;842191] Some parents will still send the child if you have been ill thinking if you dont object then it doesnt matter.
QUOTE]

I had stated to them and they had teh policy but they still came. they also refused to take their child when sick.

Back to the thread i apologise. I have a son and if he had been sick then i wouldn't even tell them i could still take them, i was wrong.