PDA

View Full Version : mm

Donkey
16-04-2008, 08:26 AM
has anyone got the mm kit???

i.e the contracts and things, are they as comprehensive as the ncma contracts?

really do not know who to go with, as money very tight. however ofsted seem to look favourably on ncma membership

sarah707
16-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I do have a copy of the MM stuff and yes it is all excellent... I use my own contracts etc though as with MM you can...

NCMA lobby on behalf of Childminders etc, that's why they are more expensive I think as they are not just an insurance company like MM.

Tbh, I've never read of Ofsted having an opinion - it ought to be free choice where you spend your money. :D

Donkey
16-04-2008, 12:15 PM
on the reports I have seen they seem to put on them

'childminder is a member of ncma'

like it makes a real difference. iyswim

i was looking at the outstanding providers list and all of them were a member of ncma :rolleyes:

Donkey
16-04-2008, 01:37 PM
just looking at figures at mm do a kit called easy mind for £108 which includes insurance, paper work, folder and a fire blanket.

the ncma package is 154.70

thats a lot of difference!

ma7ie
16-04-2008, 01:40 PM
I think NCMA is more expensive in the beginning because you are also paying for membership of the NCMA.

sarah707
16-04-2008, 02:33 PM
i was looking at the outstanding providers list and all of them were a member of ncma :rolleyes:

I'm one and I'm not! Oooo I like to be different! :D

Donkey
16-04-2008, 05:04 PM
hehehehe

there is hope for me yet then!

think its going to be mm
unless someone can give me the perks of ncma membership apart from it looking good on my website

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 05:06 PM
I have just changed only last week from NCMA to MM they seem so much better priced and offer the same anyway

Pauline has been with them for years so if they are good enough for Pauline they are good enough for me

Angel xx

crazybones
16-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Ive just received my renewal for NCMA so I am definitely looking at the benefits of moving. :thumbsup:

Tatia
16-04-2008, 07:54 PM
My answer is short and sweet. I don't like insurance companies.:laughing: They're a necassary evil, but evil nonetheless. I prefer NCMA because they lobby on behalf of childminders. But that is just my own personal opinion and in no way reflects upon anyone else.:cool:

Besides, it's easy for me to be blase. I had my renewal subscription and insurance paid for me when I became a support minder (they would have paid for either MM or NCMA).

Donkey
17-04-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't get a start up grant or any financial help, its all coming out of my own pocket... :(

so looks like it will be mm for me

buildingblocks
17-04-2008, 09:14 PM
I am thinking of changing my insurance to MM this time round. I was umming and ahhing as am on the Regional committee and felt I should havemine with NCMa for loyalty and also because I didn't know if I could be on the committee otherwise lol.

But they are downsizing the Regional committee so I am not standing again this year (also because i can still attend the meetings just not vote so that suits me)

But whoever I have my insurance with I will still have membership of the NCMA

The differnce is you can have MM insurance and NCMA membership but not NCMA insurance without the membership (I think that is right)

miffy
17-04-2008, 09:17 PM
That's a good point Kate - you can separate NCMA membership and insurance.

It's definitely something I will look at next year

miffy xx

Blaze
17-04-2008, 09:19 PM
I know that Pauline got an outstanding as well & she's with MM
Blaze:)

Donkey
18-04-2008, 03:28 PM
wish I could afford ncma, will have to have a serious think about it all!