PDA

View Full Version : pre registration visit what to expect

rachelmama
05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
hi all
does anyone have any advice for me please only the lady is coming in 3 weeks am so nervous x

HopscotchCaren
05-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi, I don't have all the answers.. but..... my pre reg is coming tomorrow morning .... aarrrggghhhh!

I'm led to believe its to check the suitability of the property, and assess the rooms you will be using.
I have completed the guidance question sheet.

I think we need to be aware of the EYFS. Although, I'm not particularly familiar with it yet, I have it.

I haven't done the plugs and drawers and I haven't got the toy boxes with labels on - but I do have two young boys (6 and 4yrs).

I'm worried I haven't done anything - but this is pre-reg visit -NOT an inspection. I've just renovated my house and I'm not about to change stuff if they won't accept my registration.

Anyway, I'm waffling - sorry !

Good luck for 3 weeks time. xx

rachelmama
06-01-2011, 12:12 AM
hi thank you
for advice i better get my self sorted did you get your information about eyfs from a website,
good luck for tommorow and keep me posted on how it went i will keep my fingers crossed for u that it all goes well x

Mookins
06-01-2011, 12:43 AM
Pre-reg isnt so scary after theyve been, you do tend to sit back after and think why was I worrying.

You dont have to have everything done, but it is very good if you have a list of things to hand to show that you are aware that certain things need to be done.

Its a very good idea to go through the questionaire then when they ask questions about bits and pieces you can refer back to what youve already written.

I asked the pre reg inspector as many questions as I could so I had the infor straight from the horses mouth so to speak, as they are the ones that make the rules. i would say make sure you have at least started your policies and know a decent amount on safe guarding this I found my inspector was hot on. That and you risk assessments.

If you are unsure on anything ask them, for example I have a pond in the garden and the inspector said what are your plans for this. I said I was definatly going to fence it up but how high does the fence have to be?

Thee is only so much you can obviosuly do to your house before it gets to a stage where you think what is the point. Which is where your risk assessments come in. At the end of the day kids need to learn.

you will both be fine xxx

best toddle off Im trying to do my SEF ready for my first grading inspection next week:eek:

shazsull
06-01-2011, 09:29 AM
can some one tell me what a sef is??????also a dd have worked out some abbreviations but not these!!
also do ofsted tell u excatly what day they are coming for pre reg thanks
feeling a bit stupid!!:blush: