PDA

View Full Version : How to Train?

lisejacko
05-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi new friends! I am wanting to train as a childminder, but having searched the internet have got a bit boggled by the providers of such training - any recommendations of who to go with? I'm wondering about the online training but then wonder how that works with home assessments etc? Thanks muchly, Lise :)

AliceK
05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi

You should contact your local council who will run courses, usually in the evenings. They do a taster session and then if you are still interested then you go on the course. They will give you all the relevant packs and paperwork to send off to Ofsted to get your pre-reg visit done and in some areas they will pay for your First Aid course.

Good luck :thumbsup:

xxxxx

lisejacko
05-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Thank you for that - I've requested a pack so will take it from there.

1michelle
05-01-2011, 04:50 PM
hello

As above contact your local council they are the starting point in your journey and very helpful.

Good Luck
Michelle :)

gigglinggoblin
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I wouldnt bother with the online courses until after you are registered, see what is available in your area first. I am in Lancashire and we have a fab network which does training evenings, the council run courses for free or very cheap and they also partially fund online courses if you are registered.

Blackcat
05-01-2011, 10:25 PM
I wouldnt bother with the online courses until after you are registered, see what is available in your area first. I am in Lancashire and we have a fab network which does training evenings, the council run courses for free or very cheap and they also partially fund online courses if you are registered.

i'm under blackburn and there course starts next week , but as in most courses they wait to get the right numbers so put your name down asap