PDA

View Full Version : Please help - again

newbie1512
05-01-2011, 12:18 PM
If you have not seen my previous post I am in the eary stages of registering. I am hoping to get my CRC course confirmed soon, I have a few more questions and any help would be really appreciated

I would like to register my kitchen, its only small but I do have my washer and dryer in there, will I need saftey lock for them?

I have a coffee table in my living room, will I have to get rid of it? It has a re-inforced glass top

What do I do (if anything) with the start-up costs - stair gate, safety locks, storage boxes ect

I have a downstairs loo but its in an out-house and there is no heating in there, can I register this room or should I just use upstairs bathroom

Also if anybody knows about being self-employed as far as HMRC is concerened, any advice or info would be useful

All the polices that I need, do they have to be handwritten?

Sorry for all the questions (some probably silly) but I have been looking on here alot and im beginning to wonder what ive let myself in for, although it will be worth it in the end I hope

I would really appreciate any help and it seems a bit of a mine field to me at the moment

Thanks guys

Chatterbox Childcare
05-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Don't panic! All this is covered on your course

mrs robbie williams
05-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Hiya, when you have your pre reg visit ofsted will ask you which rooms you would like to use for childminding and they will approve each room. I use my kitchen when minding and havent got locks on my washer/dryer/dishwasher but as long as you risk assess them and show you have that is fine, that is the same with your coffee table. I would probably stick to your upstairs bathroom as you wouldnt be able to see and hear other mindees if you are taking a lo to the toilet outside. You need to register as self employed and you can do this using HMRC website, you need to pay your own national insurance which i do direct debit only about £2 a month from what i can remember. When you are setting up your accounts sytem you need to put down all your start up costs and provide receipts, you dont need to handwrite policies, type them up and store them on your computer as you need to review them every year. I used bmca website to get ideas for my policies. Hope that helps :)

Blackcat
05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
dont worry, I start my course next week, it is all covered in that.
Where abouts are you in the country?

newbie1512
05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Blackcat - I am in Oxford

Thanks for all your help/advice its appreciated an awful lot :)