PDA

View Full Version : I have packed all of my minding stuff away...

Tinglesnark
05-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I have decided that rather than spending anymore time (well over a year has gone by now) trying to rake in work and having my house like a nursery "just in case" that im just going to box it all up, well i already have all my paperwork is in a plastic box and my notice board and laminates are all packed away too.

Childminding is NOT working out for me just now for whatever reason and so ill just put it on the back burner. I am so used to living on nothing and not going anywhere unless its free these days that i can carry it on a bit longer :thumbsup:

I intend to keep up my registration and advertisments but i wont stress anymore.

I am now more SAHM than Childminder :rolleyes:

I always have been :rolleyes:

I have tried so hard but it just hasnt worked - a lot of effort for little return - well NONE actually

lets hope that now its all gone out of the way, i get a few serious f/t enquiries LOL

oh big fat sigh...

Louise0208
05-01-2011, 11:37 AM
:(

on a plus note, they do say 'when you stop looking it will find you' :thumbsup:

Pixie dust
05-01-2011, 11:41 AM
I am sorry it's not working out for you. I think a lot of us are struggling at the moment. In 12 months I have had only 2 people contact me and only 1 signed a contract.

fionamal
05-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Its really quiet up here too. Im down to one fulltimer who finishes up in July and just no calls at all so I might be in the same boat.

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Its quiet here too!!! I have only 1 child most days (not the same child), but am still working 5 days as thats the way it worked with parents wanting different days :( Got a new one starting in the summer (baby of current schoolie), but I will also lose one to nursery full time (she is term time only anyway so will go in July) and another will start school in sept - so going to see how it goes then - may have to find something else!

a3human
05-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Oh dear... I'm still in the process of becoming a childminder... but now I wonder if it is worth it all!:(

mufftie
05-01-2011, 12:14 PM
im sorry to hear that , it took me 3 years to earn any realy money minding , but i was fortunate to have a part time job that i could do whilst waiting for the the minding to take off , ive been full for 2 years now so dont give up completely

mabel
05-01-2011, 12:14 PM
oh thats a shame

I had enough work to keep the business viabale then December I got 2 calls and another one yesterday so thats 3 new ones starting as of tomorrow !
Not sure what it will feel like being soooo busy but I have my sights set on a holiday in the summer abroad !!!!

Mouse
05-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Sorry to hear it's not working out for you. It took me a long time to get work when I first started, but once it did start, I've never looked back.

Now I take the full times and quieter times as they come. I'm very fortunate to be as full as I want to be at the moment & seem to have taken on a stream of mums who keep getting pregnant & providing more mindees for me :laughing:
I know it'll go quiet again at some time though & I'll enjoy the rest when it does.

What's the betting that now you've packed everything away you'll have the calls start coming in? Fingers crossed for you anyway :thumbsup:

Tinglesnark
05-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Well that is the plan, maybe if i am completely unprepared i might actually get some work haha!
I do seem to be in the minority as far a being a non starter goes and i am planning on moving next year to Maidstone which might see my business looking up, this year is going to be about my boys. Ds1 will go to "big school" in Sept and Ds2 will go to Playschool so it is all about experiences! We have our puppy to train and walk and lots of other things to do together - i shant waste this time worrying about what isn't happening :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
05-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Really sorry to hear this, although I must admit (the part of me that doesnt need the money), would love to just be able to walk and play with my puppy everyday.

Hoping as you say things turn up when you stop trying and for when you really really need it.

The Juggler
05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
oh hon I'm sorry to hear this:(

sandy64
05-01-2011, 02:32 PM
im sorry its not worked out for you YET but im sure it will just when youve put everything away lol sending you good luck vibes its a new year so hopefully good one for you:)

Tinglesnark
05-01-2011, 02:37 PM
The dreadful shame is that i do really need this now, we are struggling to keep our heads above water ad i registered in the hope that i would be able to help our situation. I do have one mindee but he is only occasional holiday cover and even then his dad often takes him off somewhere. I have yet to see any money but i dont have the energy to bother chasing it, at least i haven't worked for it.
I am gutted because its cost me a fortune and i have not even been graded yet so it makes it worse! If i at least had a grade it would be something but no...not a thing as i cant get the work so...

Lets see what the next year brings eh ladies?

The good thing is if i ever do get an enquiry, ill have everything i need lol

1michelle
05-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello

Just wanted to say so sorry to hear this the job can be so rewarding once your feet leave the ground wish you every sucsess for the future.

Michelle

~Chelle~
05-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Sending :group hug:

If I ever get any enquiries hun, will send them straight to you, you know that.

Not had anything for ages, I get most of mine through word of mouth.

Hope you get some enquiries soon xxx

miffy
05-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Really sorry it's not working out for you atm.

Hope things pick up soon

Miffy xx

sarah707
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry xx

charleyfarley
05-01-2011, 06:07 PM
So sorry to hear it's working out right now, hopefully now you've packed away you will get some calls :thumbsup:

Carol xx

SYLVIA
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
As you say put it to one side for the moment and get on with other things and I bet someone will make an enquiry. It is frustrating to keep waiting but so many of us are in the same position at the moment.

linda2girls
05-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Really sorry that's it's not working out. It's very quiet in this area too.

Linda.

mummyof3
05-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Very quiet here too I've had NO enquiries for a whole year and it is not looking like changing this year either. Sadly parents are not able to afford to return to work or parents are helping them out for free.

I am hanging on to my mindees tightly at the moment because once they have gone I might also have to admit defeat and look for a job in the 'office world' which I really don't want to do :(

angeldelight
05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Sorry things are not working out

Sending you heaps of good luck vibes

Angel xx

mummyofone
05-01-2011, 09:51 PM
i hope something comes along soon.

I became registered after taking an extended maternity leave, which left us in a little debt :blush: It took a little while but i got some calls and i got mindees.

I will advise you though not to just take the first call if it dosen't suit you, i did this out of pure desperation to have some work and i had t cancel the contract whilst still in the settling in period as it just didn't work out.

Keep your chin up something will come along.

keeks
05-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear things aren't working out at the moment. Hopefully when you least expect it you'll get some enquiries. Will keep my fingers crossed that good things come your way in 2011!

:group hug:

xxx

charlie potato
05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm so quiet and struggling. I seem to have snaffled an ad hoc toddler and i have 2 after schoolees at the mo. One of the after schoolees will finish in the summer so crossing my fingers and toes as i so love this job. I'm crossing my fingers for you too. xx

maryp0ppins
06-01-2011, 11:19 AM
chin up...put it on the back burner...have fun with your little ones & puppy.

maybe when your youngest starts playgroup you could volunteer & make all parents aware your indeed a childminder with space available for pick-ups, drop-offs,holiday care the lot...

don't think about it & things will probably start rolling. fingers crossed for you. XX

)))))))))))))))))sending positive vibes you way(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

jane5
09-01-2011, 01:34 AM
sending good vibes your way xxx