PDA

View Full Version : Dark Den

solly
05-01-2011, 10:51 AM
I purchased a Dark Den before christmas and they were out of stock so had to wait a while to get it, well it arrived before christmas but couldn't get it out to play with as had no kids

Well today I have 3 LO's age 2 1/2, 2, & 23mths and apart from the 2 yr old who is quiet and shy and doesnt like new things i can't get the other two out of it.
will spend time with two yr old as you can see he is thinking about it but just can't bring himself to go in it.
I have put lots of flashing/light toys in there for them to play with.

I think when we have story time later i may just have to read the book from inside the den:)

Happy Bunny
05-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Call me ignorant but what's a dark den lol

solly
05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Its a square tent that is black inside so really dark so torches and flashing toys are really effective :)

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Kids got me in theirs once - couldn't believe how warm it was in there, and it does nothing for the hair, comes out all static :D but the kids loved it!

We bought covers from tts for an underwater scene and a space scene. We use them on the dark-den frame when we were doing our space/underwater themes. Not dark, just make nice dens!!!

solly
05-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the idea i may have to look at thoe in tts but buy them secretly as dont think DH would be happy at spending more money:D

desiderata
05-01-2011, 12:16 PM
My kids never want me to put mine away! they find all kinds of things to do in there. They even take books in and read in the dark! they are 2 and 3 everything imaginable goes on in there Best thing I ever bought! xx:) :)

mufftie
05-01-2011, 12:19 PM
sounds cool , i spent a lot of money on a teepee , its fab the kids love it but a dark one is very different

Helen Dempster
05-01-2011, 12:23 PM
ooooh, I must get mine out again! I put it away a few months back now, as it was up for ages and just became part of the furniture, the kids weren't using it much and it took up alot of room in my living room! I think now's a good time to re-introduce it with a few torches etc :) They're great to have outside in the summer too. I love dark dens! It's good fun to read inside too - I did that when I had an NVQ assessment and the assessor thought it was great :clapping:

charleyfarley
05-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I also purchased a dark den before xmas but we were so busy with other things we didn't get time to put it up. Well yesterday I thought we'd go in it and have some fun :clapping:

After an hour of trying to put it together and the tubes coming out of the connectors I gave up :panic: I must say it is the large one from TTS and I really didn't realise how big it was!!

I'm waiting till hubby is home the weekend so he can help me put it up ready for next week :thumbsup:

Carol xx

christine e
05-01-2011, 12:58 PM
I also purchased a dark den before xmas but we were so busy with other things we didn't get time to put it up. Well yesterday I thought we'd go in it and have some fun :clapping:

After an hour of trying to put it together and the tubes coming out of the connectors I gave up :panic: I must say it is the large one from TTS and I really didn't realise how big it was!!

I'm waiting till hubby is home the weekend so he can help me put it up ready for next week :thumbsup:

Carol xx

When I first put mine up I found it quite difficult to fit the tubes so put a bit of vaseline on the ends and this helped - much easier to put up now

Christine

Jules12Wed
05-01-2011, 01:12 PM
I've ordered one with some grant money and it should arrive in next few days can't wait.

Rubybubbles
05-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I want one! they have them at stay and play and the kids love them! I am currently making a resouce list of thing to buy before the tax year ends;)

charleyfarley
05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
When I first put mine up I found it quite difficult to fit the tubes so put a bit of vaseline on the ends and this helped - much easier to put up now

Christine

Thanks for the tip :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

Polly2
05-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I would love one but saw one up at the conference and they are HUGE! I wish they did them in different sizes :rolleyes:

1michelle
05-01-2011, 03:37 PM
I've ordered one with some grant money and it should arrive in next few days can't wait.

Just wondered how do you get grant's ?

Michelle

1michelle
05-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I purchased a Dark Den before christmas and they were out of stock so had to wait a while to get it, well it arrived before christmas but couldn't get it out to play with as had no kids

Well today I have 3 LO's age 2 1/2, 2, & 23mths and apart from the 2 yr old who is quiet and shy and doesnt like new things i can't get the other two out of it.
will spend time with two yr old as you can see he is thinking about it but just can't bring himself to go in it.
I have put lots of flashing/light toys in there for them to play with.

I think when we have story time later i may just have to read the book from inside the den:)

Hi myself and the mindees had lots of fun with a dark den for 3 months before the novelty wore of have to say though I built mine under the stairs useing a black quilt cover worked just as well and got 3 months use out of it.

They have started asking for it again now so will do the same.

Michelle :thumbsup:

miffy
05-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Carol xx

The first time I put mine up - determined to do it by myself as I'm rubbish at things like that - I was so proud I got the frame together, then realised you have to put the poles through the cover BEFORE you put the frame together! :blush:

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
The first time I put mine up - determined to do it by myself as I'm rubbish at things like that - I was so proud I got the frame together, then realised you have to put the poles through the cover BEFORE you put the frame together! :blush:

Miffy xx

Sorry Miffy but that made me laugh :laughing: I nearly did the same as the instructions are rubbish :D I might give it another go tonight once my 2 are in bed :thumbsup:

Carol xx

christine e
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM

Miffy xx

Guess what? Yes I did that too:blush:

Cxx

miffy
05-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Guess what? Yes I did that too:blush:

Cxx

Oooo that makes me feel a lot better! :laughing:

Miffy xx

desiderata
05-01-2011, 06:09 PM
They are quite awkward to put together but well worth it. You have to really seem to force them together but once up very sturdy.x I also put it together the first time without the cover on. I used it Halloween as well and made the visitors collect their surprises from inside!!

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2011, 06:14 PM

Miffy xx

we did that too!! Thought we were being smart (June and I) put the frame together then slide the cover over it?????????????????? NNNNNOOOOOO :angry: plus we had 6 mindees waiting paitently to play with it!

Mind even tho we knew it was 1m x 1m it is surprising how big it actually is - if that makes any sense :rolleyes:

SYLVIA
05-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi myself and the mindees had lots of fun with a dark den for 3 months before the novelty wore of have to say though I built mine under the stairs useing a black quilt cover worked just as well and got 3 months use out of it.

They have started asking for it again now so will do the same.

Michelle :thumbsup:

We make ours using the quadro set and I bought lengths of different fabrics to go over it. We have a black one, army one and blue for the sea. The kids love it and it really makes them use their imagination

mummyofone
05-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I've looked at these, they look great. With all the light toys, i want to get in there too. :)

guest4
05-01-2011, 08:59 PM
And me makes three!!!!!:)
Glad I'm not on my own!!!!:blush:

Tracey x

mushpea
06-01-2011, 07:11 AM
hi could you post a link to the site you bought this from please,,, all the ones i googled are £80 upwards

michellethegooner
06-01-2011, 08:04 AM

Miffy xx

yes I did this as well the first time so you are not alone :blush:
we love ours as well :thumbsup:

claire'scherubs
06-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Found this, hope it works

http://www.costcuttersuk.com/dens__playhouses/the_dark_den/287638_p.html

Toothfairy
06-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Can I ask everyone; How much did your Dark Dens cost and where did you get them from?

I have found this one and it comes with an assortment of extras, is this a good deal or can anyone find one cheaper?

http://www.r-e-m.co.uk/rem/xrem.php?T=32066

claire'scherubs
06-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Can I ask everyone; How much did your Dark Dens cost and where did you get them from?

I have found this one and it comes with an assortment of extras, is this a good deal or can anyone find one cheaper?

Sounds good, just shame no picture, I need pictures :blush:

AnnieM
06-01-2011, 09:50 AM

I looked at this one a while ago, if you click on order it brings up 2 options the dark den at £51.54 and the accessory set at £71.99. I thought it was a bit misleading how they had worded it. I have decided that I am getting a pop up one, so I can pack it away easier. :thumbsup: