PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I'm ill... what should I do?

buzzy bee
05-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I think I've had the flu and I'm getting over it so don't think I'm contagious, but I'm still quite congested and I sound ill...

I have a trial and a visit today - both are short notice and have to be today... I don't want to miss out on potential business... I also have a new baby starting tomorrow. What should I do - should I cancel / tell the mums / not mention it?!

Bridey
05-01-2011, 10:36 AM
If you feel well enough to work I would try ringing NHS direct to see if you are still contagious. If all ok, put a large box of tissues and a large bottle of hand disinfectant in a prominent place and tel the mums you are recovering from a virus, that you feel fine despite sounding terrible and let them see you are exercising good hygiene.

I'm working later today and I've got tonsilitis. None of the parents care as long as I'm working, heartless bunch - all of them lol :rolleyes:

CAZMCA
05-01-2011, 11:21 AM
If you feel well enough to work I would try ringing NHS direct to see if you are still contagious. If all ok, put a large box of tissues and a large bottle of hand disinfectant in a prominent place and tel the mums you are recovering from a virus, that you feel fine despite sounding terrible and let them see you are exercising good hygiene.

I'm working later today and I've got tonsilitis. None of the parents care as long as I'm working, heartless bunch - all of them lol :rolleyes:

sounds like mine!

Bridey
05-01-2011, 11:28 AM
LOL - I was only joking, they are all lovely really. Saying that, I have to be pretty much on my death bed to take a day off sick with a clear conscience!