PDA

View Full Version : arghhhhh!

TammyN
05-01-2011, 10:12 AM
just when i thought everything was going smoothly, one of my main mindee's parents has been put on 90day notice, she can not afford to keep mindee in childcare and so is warning me of possible notice, im gutted to lose mindee after 18mths but also worrying about implications re: funds as there doesn't seem to be any inquiries atall round here lately :( this is all i need to start my new year.
i know you can't help me but just needed to rant!

jane5
05-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear this:(

I do believe that when one door closes another one opens.

Hope things work out

Bridey
05-01-2011, 10:23 AM
And ... breathe! *hug*

You've got 90 days so when you've finished panicking start putting a plan into action ... advertise and put the word about to as many local childminders as you can that you will be having a vacancy from that date. Don't mention that its only a possible vacancy at this stage and don't sign any new contracts (if you'd prefer to continue with her, that is) until you are confident that she has been unable to find another job.

Be interested and supportive during the time she will be job hunting, she will appreciate that and it means you are kept informed. I'm sure she is just as worried as you are at the moment.

MaryMary
05-01-2011, 11:04 AM
And ... breathe! *hug*

You've got 90 days so when you've finished panicking start putting a plan into action ... advertise and put the word about to as many local childminders as you can that you will be having a vacancy from that date. Don't mention that its only a possible vacancy at this stage and don't sign any new contracts (if you'd prefer to continue with her, that is) until you are confident that she has been unable to find another job.

Be interested and supportive during the time she will be job hunting, she will appreciate that and it means you are kept informed. I'm sure she is just as worried as you are at the moment.

Quite agree - especially the part about being supportive! It must be a very difficult time for her. If this is your main mindee, I assume you have others, and something else will come along. She has been told she is definitely losing her ONLY job. We need to be mindful of that.

I lost my main mindee in October, and only have a couple of after schoolies since. I have someone coming round this week about 2 little ones.:clapping: It has been very quiet, but we need to be patient. Something good will come :D

Bridey
05-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I had a parent give me 3 months redundancy notice a while back and in the meantime she got chatting to an old business colleage and now works for him on a self-employed basis from home so I still have my mindee. You never know whats round the corner :)

sarah707
05-01-2011, 05:49 PM
That's a tough one :(

Get advertising and hopefully the phone will ring x

TammyN
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Thanx for replies, it's great to know that the support is there. now i have put it into a more reasonable though, i have calmed down :blush:
i did update fis today as will have a space in sept when dd starts school anyway, so all done there, i have updated childcare.co.uk although im not a gold member so not sure how useful this is??
i will start groups again next week so word of mouth should follow then, i understand that the mum will be stressed, single mum with 5 children so yes looking at it from her angle she will be in a worse situation than me, i was being a tad selfish on that front. i have already offered to help mum with extra childcare whilst she goes for agency work/interviews so hopefully things will work out.
thanx again for th support :)

mufftie
05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
good luck hun ,
im set to loose 3 midees in september 2 of which are full time , due to them all going to school , it seems a long time away now but it will soon come round so im worried too but from experience something usually turns up