PDA

View Full Version : help emergency child care

TRACEY1969
05-01-2011, 08:36 AM
my daughter is due to have her 1st baby this month and she is also my assistant. I have arranged with parents regarding school runs so i wont be over my numbers. I wrote to all parents 3 months ago about if they require emergency child care as i am the birthing partner. My daughter hasn't had an easy pregnacy and she was in hospital over Xmas. All my parents said they would sort out there own child care and i would refund the difference. One parent came to my house last night and gave me a list of nurseries she will be using for emergency child care and wants me to write a cheque for the one she chooses. I said if she pays i would refund her as i get paid direct through the bank, what would be the correct procedure for this.

Bridey
05-01-2011, 08:40 AM
No way would you pay the nursery - its her who has the contract with them, not you.

TRACEY1969
05-01-2011, 08:45 AM
No way would you pay the nursery - its her who has the contract with them, not you.

her partner was taking time off to look after mindee but has changed his mind due to mindee being a hand full. So i would get her to pay for the nursery and i refund her?

mufftie
05-01-2011, 09:23 AM
i would just give her the money that she has already paid you , presuming that she has paid in advance i wouldnt pay any more as you could be way out of pocket

congratulations by the way you must be very excited , ive told my kids im not waiting forever to be made a nan but i dont think i have a hope in hell yet my sons a marine so no chance and my daughter is too selfish lol and the other 3 are too young

kindredspirits
05-01-2011, 09:23 AM
absolutely i would not pay for the nursery - tell the mum that she will have to pay the nursery and you will refund the fees she has paid you. How do you know the nursery will be the same price? :rolleyes:

Goatgirl
05-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Agreed: your only obligation to the mum is to refund what she has paid you.
How she funds alternative care while you're off work is her business and her responsibility :thumbsup:

Best wishes to your family, hope all goes well for everyone :)

Bridey
05-01-2011, 09:42 AM
her partner was taking time off to look after mindee but has changed his mind due to mindee being a hand full. So i would get her to pay for the nursery and i refund her?

The partner sounds great??!! :eek:

You just refund what she has paid you for those days. Any extra fees is up to her.

And good luck to you and your daughter - how exciting! :jump for joy:

rickysmiths
05-01-2011, 01:33 PM
What exciting times.

Refund the fees she has paid you. Remember though if she has paid through Childcare vouchers of any sort you can only refund that portion to the voucher company and not the parent. This is because that money has been taken from their salary before tax and NI is paid.

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Good luck!!!! I agree just repay what the parent has already paid you in advance :thumbsup: