PDA

View Full Version : Childminder with vacancies, Desborough, Northants/Leicestershire border

desboroughgirl
04-01-2011, 10:10 PM
Hi, my name is Catherine Jeffs and I live in Desborough with my husband and three children. We have a cat and a rabbit, and are a non-smoking household. Before I was a child minder I was a secondary teacher but gave up full time work at stay at home with my own children.

I registered as a child minder in April 2007, and since then have looked after children between 1 and 7 years old. Due to having been on maternity leave recently I have spaces for children on either a full or part time basis, or perhaps on an as-needed basis. I have minded a range of ages of children, from a six month old to a 7 year old. I have recent experience of young children and babies as my own children are 12 months old, 3 and 4.5 years. I am equally happy looking after older children having taught year 3 upwards (to and including year 13!)

Life is very busy in our house as we try and fit in as many activities and outings as we can between school runs. We are regulars at places such as West Lodge Farm Park but we also enjoy house based activities such as painting, cooking reading dancing and music. Although our days are planned anyone who knows children knows that things don't always go to plan so these often change at the last minute depending on the weather, how we feel, or what we fancy doing.

Current First Aid certificate and Child Protection training.
CRB checked and registered with Ofsted and Food Hygiene.

I am available to work 7:15am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. I have a school run in the mornings and afternoons to Loatlands, but am able to drop off/collect from other places during the day. I can be flexible with hours, and may be able to help if you are only looking for occasional childcare.

I am happy to work during the snowy weather - perhaps I can help if schools close and you need emergency childcare. All I ask is that the children come to me with warm coats and welly boots!!