PDA

View Full Version : do i have to use "grown up" words lol

Mookins
04-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Im now starting my SEF and so far im writing and its flowing quite well....BUT i just wonder how particular do you have to be with regards to wording.

Im not very good at spelling and academically big words are not my thing so can i just write as i would speak? no swear worrds obviously:laughing:

xx

Louise0208
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
i read someone else's & i didnt understand a word, it was like a professor had wrote it!

mine is basic english, i say what i mean, no frills! :rolleyes: english was never my strong point!

miffy
04-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I can't remember who it was who said they'd filled in their sef as if they were just talking to the inspector but I thought it was a good way of doing it - as long as you don't swear! :D :laughing:

Miffy xx

Mookins
04-01-2011, 08:54 PM
:thumbsup: :phew:

thats excelent news cos the word "academically" is about as big as they get with me :laughing:

Im also "what you see is what you get, dont like it? dont come back" lol
xx

curlycathy
04-01-2011, 09:54 PM
I would fill it in however you feel comfortable - its a SELF evaluation form and its for YOU!!! Thats my view anyway - I don't do it electronically and I don't submit it to anyone anywhere even tho my early years team keep asking me for it! I printed it out for my inspection and the inspector was more than happy with that. Its mine I tell you - mine!!!:)

miffy
05-01-2011, 07:55 AM
:thumbsup: :phew:

Im also "what you see is what you get, dont like it? dont come back" lol
xx

That made me smile - not sure it would the inspector though! :laughing:

Miffy xx

Mum232008
27-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I've started my nurse training and the best thing someone told me as I was nervous about writing was KISS keep it simple....stupid it's got me top marks with my essays so I would say write as you speak it's all about you :laughing:

green puppy
27-04-2011, 12:03 PM
I write mine as if I am talking to someone about what I do, mine is also hand written. To show simple progression I write about changes to practice etc on a post it note as and when, I stick these onto the relevant page down the side of it. So my SEF started in 2008 and each page has a few post it's on, it's clear that I reflect on and evaluate practice and easy for someone else to see the changes as they read through.

Mookins
27-04-2011, 12:05 PM
I write mine as if I am talking to someone about what I do, mine is also hand written. To show simple progression I write about changes to practice etc on a post it note as and when, I stick these onto the relevant page down the side of it. So my SEF started in 2008 and each page has a few post it's on, it's clear that I reflect on and evaluate practice and easy for someone else to see the changes as they read through.

thats excellent way to do it...mind if i copy your idea?

xx

Chimps Childminding
27-04-2011, 02:47 PM

Love the post it notes idea :thumbsup: I scribble things down the side of mine but it does start to look messy, think I might adopt your idea too if you don't mind

Baildon bears
07-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I have pressed the submit button:clapping: only taken me about 4 months with some rest time inbetween, That was a hard slog, and the last couple of answers are a bit iffy but I just wanted it done, now to update my risk assessments:eek: never mind they are not quite so daunting. It did make me laugh though at the end it asks how long it took to complete 1 hour:eek: , 2 hours or more than 4, it should be 1 month, 2 month, etc.. I dont know how anyone could do it in an hour.

miffy
07-05-2011, 05:03 PM
I have pressed the submit button:clapping: only taken me about 4 months with some rest time inbetween, That was a hard slog, and the last couple of answers are a bit iffy but I just wanted it done, now to update my risk assessments:eek: never mind they are not quite so daunting. It did make me laugh though at the end it asks how long it took to complete 1 hour:eek: , 2 hours or more than 4, it should be 1 month, 2 month, etc.. I dont know how anyone could do it in an hour.

Well done! Took me over a year to do mine! :laughing:

Miffy xx

green puppy
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
thats excellent way to do it...mind if i copy your idea?

xx

Course not! It's simple, effective and less time consuming!

KimW
12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Am almost finnished with mine.....why can't they ask the questions simply????

Anyway, stupid question, once completed, what do i do with it? :blush: