PDA

View Full Version : Phew! Shattered

VINASOL
04-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Well, today was an INSET day at our school so my usual part-timers were here all day, and I had two new children start too.

My other mindee didn't come today (other plans lucky so-and-so) ;)

So, as a new CM I had my first day of looking after SIX CHILDREN!!

Boy, I am KNACKERED...my back is killing me...it's a far cry from having just one part-time I can tell you :blush:

We had a GREAT day though. And I'm BUZZING....we did arts and crafts; lots of active stuff on the Wii (the Let's Dance is FAB); took next door's dog to the park for an hour and smiled with joy when people walked past and laughed at me with 6 kids and a dog.

We did Junior Scrabble (totally recommend) and new mindee amazed me with her knowledge of what words begin with....other mindee (who I have had since September) FINALLY pronounced V properly and was so chuffed that I was chuffed wither her....they did dressing up, playing in a Peppa Pig Tent...oohhh I forget lol.

Think new mindee's mum was happy because she said (when she arrived her DD was dressed as a pink fairy running around 'casting spells') had she been quiet all day. NOPE I said, she's been like this all day....she sort of laughed and said 'Oh, it took her ages to settle with her last childminder'...so I was rather chuffed that I'd done so well with her.

Neither of them wanted to leave; they both loved that I had bought them their own coloured towels, plates, cutlery and loved that they had their own cups...

:jump for joy: :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

It's not often, but can you tell i'm happy ?

Let's hope the blinking Ofsted INspection goes just as well tomorrow.

mufftie
04-01-2011, 05:04 PM
same here it was a school training day , so had my own 5 at home plus 6 others along with a new baby for the first time , it went well though just waiting for the older ones to go in a minute then i can get on with tea

Twinkles
04-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Who cares what the 'blinkin OFSTED inspection' says ?

You are obviously a great minder and the children and parents are happy - well done :clapping:

Not dissing anyone who gets a good or outstanding ( they are hard work ) but THE single most important thing is happy children and you have a house full :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Who cares what the 'blinkin OFSTED inspection' says ?

You are obviously a great minder and the children and parents are happy - well done :clapping:

Not dissing anyone who gets a good or outstanding ( they are hard work ) but THE single most important thing is happy children and you have a house full :thumbsup:

I agree!!! Mind I still worry everytime I am due one :blush: crazy really because all my children have come via word of mouth so obviously parents are happy :D

Ripeberry
04-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Well done, sounds like lots of fun :) I had 4 today, two mindees aged 2yrs and 12 months old and my own two aged 8yrs and 6yrs old.
We all went to Bristol Zoo and had a great time, even managed to find a seat in the canteen as everyone seemed to be in there even before noon! :eek:

By 3pm everyone shattered and the mindees slept in the car on the way back. Did some crafts with my DDs and the 2yr old, whilst the 12 month old pottered around emptying all the toy boxes (her favourite thing :rolleyes: )

Good luck for tomorrow, sounds like you will do well :thumbsup: