04-01-2011, 02:22 PM
afternoon everyone
we have to booked to go skiathos on august just
wondering if anyone has been and what it was like
luv sue xxxx

loocyloo
04-01-2011, 02:33 PM
oooo - where are you going?

we went a few years ago - Ds was 4 and Dd 1 - she learnt to walk on the beach! we stayed in the hotel on troulos bay. lovely sandy beach, relatively quiet, couple of yummy tavernas ( we tended to stay on this beach! as Dh could take children back to hotel for a rest in the afternoon and i could lie on the beach IN PEACE !!!! )

we hired a car one day and drove up to the monostery - scary roads - very steep! but the monostry was lovely! very pretty stony beach the north of the island. skiathos town was nice - we liked the waterfront bit ( they filmed some of mamma mia there !!!;) ) there were some beaches to the south ( ? ) west ( ? ) of the island that had lots of tourist appartments etc. the beach was nice - lots of water sports available, shallow water, sandy beach, busy, and some of it had loud music blaring!

i find the majority of greek people very friendly and welcoming and they love children!

we went in june and it was HOT!

i want to go back to skiathos !!! i love the greek islands!

lfishwick
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Yes!!
Been twice - absolutely love it - it is my favourite Greek Island.
Fantastic beaches, lovely people and some lovely sites.
We went as a family - with my aunt and uncle - so a total of 5 adults and 7 children. Very child friendly - but watch out for the mad taxi drivers!! They fit as many of you as possible in 1 car and drive like mad things lol!

saintsue
04-01-2011, 02:38 PM
we are staying at a place called
La Piscine art Hotel, anyone been ?
luv sue xxx