PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

helengreen13
04-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Wondered if anyone could help me. I have been childminding for about 6 months but only part time and looking after friends children mostly after school and term time. Now trying to expand and have a parent coming to see me on Thursday about potentially looking after her baby for two days a week. This would be perfect for me and have all my policies ready and waiting. My main concern is that I pack all the childminding toys away and only get out, as and when, needed.

Would you get all the appropriate age toys out on her visit, the highchair, cot made up and ready etc just to show her how the setting will looking on the days that I have her child or, would you just explain what I have and how I get the setting ready the night before I mind the children. Any advise given would be appreciated. Thank you

Helen
:thumbsup:

Cookie Monster
04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Hiya

What I have have done in the past is just make sure you have age relevant toys out for when they come and visit and explain what other equipment you have for use when their child is with you. The most important thing is meeting you and getting a general 'feel' for the environment you provide. I d make sure it looks colourful and child friendly too.

Best of luck!

Abi:)

gigglinggoblin
04-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I get out toys they can play with while here (music toys always go down well) and tell parents about others I have, I also ask what they like as I might be able to get new toys in if I dont have their faves already. I wouldnt put up cot or anything, just tell parents how you will manage naps.

AliceK
04-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I get out toys they can play with while here (music toys always go down well) and tell parents about others I have, I also ask what they like as I might be able to get new toys in if I dont have their faves already. I wouldnt put up cot or anything, just tell parents how you will manage naps.

Same here. I will get out some age appropriate toys for the LO to play with but I wouldn't be getting highchair / cot etc out. I think most parents would assume we had all the correct "equipment" for their child and wouldn't need to actually see it.
Good Luck :thumbsup:

xxxxx