PDA

View Full Version : playdough ideas

butterfly
04-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any exciting ideas for playdough? We colour it, make it with fragrances and put seeds etc in it already. We have lots of rolling pins, cutlery, plastic cutters and a couple of other tools such as a honey twirler for mark making. We also have little matchsticks to make hedgehogs etc. Just wondered what else we can do with it?

louise
04-01-2011, 12:43 PM
My son and mindee asked to play with it during xmas hols. I gave them the task of finding things to make prints with. They loved it and asked to do it again the next day. They used keys, happyland, bits of the marble run, lego, lego men ect. They are 5 and 6 so it depends on the ages you have.

butterfly
04-01-2011, 12:46 PM
My son and mindee asked to play with it during xmas hols. I gave them the task of finding things to make prints with. They loved it and asked to do it again the next day. They used keys, happyland, bits of the marble run, lego, lego men ect. They are 5 and 6 so it depends on the ages you have.

Nice ideas! My children are about to turn 2 so need their resources provided for them.

The Juggler
04-01-2011, 01:34 PM
some paper cake cases and little bowls maybe to make cakes and other tea party 'biscuits' etc.

miffy
04-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Print off some colouring pictures, eg. a squirrel, cut off the tail, laminate for strength and get the children to make it a playdough tail. You can do this with all sorts of different pictures.

Or use playdough for counting - make 5 fat sausages to put in the pan etc etc

Miffy xx