PDA

View Full Version : Yoga for the littlies

Louise0208
04-01-2011, 10:52 AM
having done Yoga on the wii ft for the past few years....i love it, i thought it might be good for the littlies to do.

My daughter is 2 & loves Waybaloo when there doing the yogogo, and copies.

does anyone know of any DVDs or Books, Charts especially designed for children as i wouldnt mind making it part of a weekly activity.

Nothing too strenuos mind, im not sure i can get my uncoordinated 5 year old to do the lord of the dance pose......hes likely to break something! :rolleyes:

butterfly
04-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I have two books - i'll see if i can find the names. they're based like waybaloo with the children making animal shapes based on real yoga poses.

Louise0208
04-01-2011, 11:45 AM
thats great thanks :thumbsup:

will give me more idea as to what im looking for!

Mookins
04-01-2011, 11:49 AM
i think this is an excellent idea, my dd and i copy the waybaloo and she often drops into a yoga position to impress her grandparents, my friends whoever is watching

i always try to make at least 5 mins during the day to do some stretches with the kids

xx

butterfly
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I have two books - i'll see if i can find the names. they're based like waybaloo with the children making animal shapes based on real yoga poses.

i bought them from mini IQ and i've lent them to a friend so i'll ask her when i see her later!

venus89
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Ooohhh.... I asked on another thread about mats to do exercises on because I'm interested in trying this so I'll keep an eye on this thread :thumbsup:

butterfly
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Ooohhh.... I asked on another thread about mats to do exercises on because I'm interested in trying this so I'll keep an eye on this thread :thumbsup:

i bought some great mats from ebay - thicker than normal yoga mats - so i now have one for each child. i like getting the mats out because it signals the start of the session and gives each child their own space to work.

venus89
04-01-2011, 12:51 PM
i bought some great mats from ebay - thicker than normal yoga mats - so i now have one for each child. i like getting the mats out because it signals the start of the session and gives each child their own space to work.

How much were they? :blush:

Beetlejuice
04-01-2011, 12:53 PM
There was a workshop at the NCMA conference and a lady was promoting it there. There is a scheme for practitioners - I think it was called Yoga4Nurseries but was usable by childminders. There was a pack you could purchase and a little 'gang' for the children to belong to to make it fun - it had yoga positions etc for the littlies. I will try and dig out the info later - baby asleep in my room with all the info atm!!

butterfly
04-01-2011, 02:29 PM
How much were they? :blush:

I paid £4 each for them!

Mookins
04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I paid £4 each for them!

oooh is that all...even i could stretch to that gimme gimme gimme lol xx