PDA

View Full Version : am i being dence ?

mamasheshe
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
i'm applying for funding for an outdoor space and can't find the half the child time should be spent outside from the eyfs or did imagine that was in there somewhere? got these quotes so far.

‘A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right, and it provides the foundation for children to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up.’
(Statutory Framework for the EYFS, 2007)

'Young children should be outdoors as much as indoors and need a well-designed, well-organised integrated indoor-outdoor environment, preferably with indoors and outdoors available simultaneously’

(The Shared Vision & Values for Outdoor Play in the Early Years, 2004)
Requirements of the EYFS framework
‘Ensure that children have opportunities to be outside on a daily basis all year round.’
(Principles into Practice: 3.3 The Learning Environment)

sarah707
03-01-2011, 08:22 PM
this is in the statutory guidance (ratios)...

Wherever possible, there should be access to an outdoor play area, and this is the expected norm for providers. In provision where outdoor play space cannot be provided, outings should be planned and taken on a daily basis (unless circumstances make this inappropriate, for example unsafe weather conditions).

This is in the statutory requirements (organisation)...

Providers must ensure that there is a balance of adult-led and freely-chosen or child-initiated activities, delivered through indoor and outdoor play.

The key word is 'balance' which suggests a 50 / 50 split although depending on which 'expert' you read, some talk about 40 / 60 and others different ratios.

I am not aware of Ofsted clarifying this.

Hth :D

mamasheshe
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
this is in the statutory guidance (ratios)...

Wherever possible, there should be access to an outdoor play area, and this is the expected norm for providers. In provision where outdoor play space cannot be provided, outings should be planned and taken on a daily basis (unless circumstances make this inappropriate, for example unsafe weather conditions).

This is in the statutory requirements (organisation)...

Providers must ensure that there is a balance of adult-led and freely-chosen or child-initiated activities, delivered through indoor and outdoor play.

The key word is 'balance' which suggests a 50 / 50 split although depending on which 'expert' you read, some talk about 40 / 60 and others different ratios.

I am not aware of Ofsted clarifying this.

Hth :D

must of imagined it maybe i heard the 40 /60 ratio . thanks Sarah if i find the any confirmed ratios ( i have feeling your right and there are none confirmed) I'll post them x