PDA

View Full Version : Building work advice please

Pixie dust
03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi I know some of you have had building work carried out to your property. We have just applied for planning permission to build on top of what was a garage(previous occupants turned it into a 4th bedroom) plan is to have master bedroom and en-suite put in and then I am having the downstairs bedroom to turn in to a playroom:clapping:

How did you manage minding while having the work done? Will I have to close for the work to be done?

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I had a porch built last year and just wrote a RA stating how people would get in an out of the house and the hazzards, wires, sockets etc. No closure here

rickysmiths
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I had a large extention built last year which meant I couldn't use the ground floor of the house for 3 months. I had a 22' PortaCabin on my front garden. I sent Risk assessments, copies of floor plans and time scales to Ofsted and then informed them when the work was finished with risk assassments for the new ground floor and escape plan. They were fine. My whole house has always been registered and no one came out to see me.