PDA

View Full Version : HEY!!

EMMAP76
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Good afternoon all!!

my name is Emma, and i'm new to this forum..... just after some advise about what to expect from the seminar, and what comes after!

And.... how i can find a childminder!!

i'd REALLY appreciate some help, thanks

Em :)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Hi Emma and welcome

Are you currently a parent looking for a childminder and also registering?

As a parent you can contact your local council and Family Information Service which seems to be down more than operational. Your council will have a full list of childcarers

As to being a childminder - you need to go on the course and then all the paperwork will be given to you. Again different councils have different rules, here you need to do your first aid and get your health dec done before you can put in your forms

flowerpots
03-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi emma, welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

If your looking for a childminder for your own children try www.childcare.co.uk

Becoming a childminder is quite a long process, it took me a year from start to finish (think others may have done it quicker) go to your breifing session and they usually have an icp course for you to complete, i also had to do first aid and have a health decleration form before contacting ofsted, good luck on your journey to becoming a childminder.:thumbsup:

breezy
03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
hi and welcome :)

EMMAP76
03-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Hi Emma and welcome

Are you currently a parent looking for a childminder and also registering?

As a parent you can contact your local council and Family Information Service which seems to be down more than operational. Your council will have a full list of childcarers

As to being a childminder - you need to go on the course and then all the paperwork will be given to you. Again different councils have different rules, here you need to do your first aid and get your health dec done before you can put in your forms

HEY!

thanks all so much for your replies!!

i was just wondering, if once you have been for the seminar, are you then pointed in the right direction ie: what to do next, what course to get onto? i feel like a little fish, in a HUGE pond!!!!

and as for looking for a childminder... i dont know where to turn, ive been through every name online, through the council and so on....... no joy!! I may have to leave my job!!

any help or ideas welcome!!!

thanks guys!

em:)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2011, 08:42 PM
HEY!

thanks all so much for your replies!!

i was just wondering, if once you have been for the seminar, are you then pointed in the right direction ie: what to do next, what course to get onto? i feel like a little fish, in a HUGE pond!!!!

and as for looking for a childminder... i dont know where to turn, ive been through every name online, through the council and so on....... no joy!! I may have to leave my job!!

any help or ideas welcome!!!

thanks guys!

em:)

The FIS is being revamped and is still in a mess - the online version of it is rubbish. Call the council and ask to speak to someone who holds the current list as they do have it

What area are you in?

EMMAP76
04-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey Debbie,

I'm in Hoddesdon in Herts, so i should call the council and get an updated list? some of the minders i called hadn't been doing it for years!! and had no idea how i got their number, and seemed surprised that i got there number from the direct.gov website!!

can u shed any light on what i'm supposed to do after going to the seminar, ot even before, do i need to prepare anything? i don't want to go, only to find out out i should have something with me! aslo.... should be booked on a course already, ot do i have to do the seminar first? what course do i need to do, i've tried calling and asking, but i don't seem to be getting much help!

feel like i'm going in blindfolded, feels a bit scary!!!! but it's something i really want to do!

Thanks Debbie

Em x