PDA

View Full Version : Catalogue of resources

patevans
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
I need to put together a catalogue of toys/resources etc, what would be the best way to lay it out? Have put it off for so long :panic:

karensmart4
03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Mine is in a clip file,
It's got a Cover then an introdutory page saying that the following is an overview of our resources.

Then I have a page headed PSE&D.. it then say's 'We cover this area of the development by playing and interacting together. We use some of the following activities and resources to enable the children to get the most out of learning' I have then listed, Painting and the different sorts. Dough and the different sorts. Chalking etc. Water etc. Bubbles. Puppets etc. Role-play etc. Music & Dance etc. Outings etc. then I finished it off with our travelling ted and a photo of him.

The next page is CLL with expainations and a photo of a girl playing with shaving foam.

Next is PSR&N
List of different activities to cover this and a photo of a child putting the train set together.

So you get the gist of what I have done for the 6 groups then the following pages have 2 photo's on each with just a simple heading over each photo; A few of our babies toy's....Childminders drop-in session, Role-play Wooden food....Tools....Dressing up clothes...puppet theatre...waterplay....artwork...books.... story board...dinosaurs....cars and garage etc. etc. etc.

Hope that helps

sarah707
03-01-2011, 03:51 PM
A friend has little photos of toys she stores in her shed and under her stairs, all labelled and laminated, in a basket.

The children look through the basket and choose one thing each every day to get out and use.

It works for her and it's cheaper than a book :D

miffy
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
A friend has little photos of toys she stores in her shed and under her stairs, all labelled and laminated, in a basket.

The children look through the basket and choose one thing each every day to get out and use.

It works for her and it's cheaper than a book :D

This is something I've been meaning to put together for ages but haven't got round to.

I like your friend's idea Sarah, thanks for sharing

Miffy xx

patevans
03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
This is something I've been meaning to put together for ages but haven't got round to.

I like your friend's idea Sarah, thanks for sharing

Miffy xx

I like Sarah's friends idea too, thank you :thumbsup:

karensmart4
03-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I like that idea too. Mine is mainly for new parents to look through :)

suzyblue
03-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I have some small cheap photo albums with photos of all the resources put in. The albums have one photo per page so are small enough for little hands. They are cheap too (50p from asda) so the kids can actually look at the books with out me freaking out! The albums can be replaced, photos can be added or taken away, its simple but works for me.

mufftie
03-01-2011, 05:19 PM
me tooo i like the photo idea :clapping:

patevans
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Do I need to link them to anything or will just the photos be ok?

sandy64
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
i like the idea of laminating and putting in a box lo could also use as a game. i like the photo album idea to if i ever get round to it think that would work for me i supose you could link if you wanted by sticking a little sticker on outside but some link to all areas:)

SYLVIA
03-01-2011, 09:05 PM
do many of you have a catalogue or photos. It sounds a good idea but not sure how much I would use it.

patevans
04-01-2011, 07:14 AM
do many of you have a catalogue or photos. It sounds a good idea but not sure how much I would use it.

I was told to do one because I have limited downstairs storage, all toys are stored upstairs and the children aren't allowed upstairs!

Dragonfly
04-01-2011, 07:43 AM
I started doing one like sarahs friend but so many toys gave up ( have a shed load and hidden in every knook and kraney of the downstairs!) nice idea though.

butterfly
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
I think I'm going to take photos and put in a simple photo album. A lot of toys cover lots of areas so I think i'm going to use the NCMA little round stickers to stick on the front of each photo showing which areas they link to.

I'll put it on the to-do list! I have one year until my next inspection so need to start getting the bigger jobs done!

Penny1959
06-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Mine is done on the computer and printed on normal paper, put in 'plastics' and then into A4 ring folder.

Also have put some of it onto my website (as a PDF) so parents can look at home with their child and particularlly if want to borrow something to use at home.

if interested take a look www.********************* - but please remember is not yet finished - most likely never will be as keep buying new things!

Penny :)

arly
06-01-2011, 02:17 PM
This is something I have been thinking of as I have not got alot of storage either :panic: so thanks for all the ideas, love the laminated idea. Being in scotland (thank goodness) I dont need to link anything :clapping: (YET) :panic: