PDA

View Full Version : January Ideas for all ages?

Newbie1!
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Hello all, me again - well as Im back at work tomorrow I thought Id best spend my bank hols getting organised!! I wonder if anyone could give me some ideas of themes/things to do in January when I have mindees whose age ranges from 9 months to 6 years? Specially for the one thats 6, he seems very hard to please!! Thanking you in advance!xxx

flowerpots
03-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi newbie1,

im doing people who help us, i think its going to please all of mine from 18months to 8years especially the boys. :thumbsup:

karensmart4
03-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm still doing 'Winter'

Talking about keeping warm, what we wear to keep warm and cosy indoors, warm and dry outdoors. Dress up the dolls/teddies for the weather.

Talk about the animals and how they keep warm, where they sleep etc.

Make Bird Cakes/Feeders.

Make Ice Pictures .. Large Ice Cubes with leaves/twigs etc in them and a piece of string through to hang it up outside....as the weather warms up the ice melts etc.

We are making Soup...Bread rolls (we make different shapes including hedgehog)... make pizza.

We go on winter walks.

We colour in pictures of hats, gloves, scarves, jumpers, coats, welly boots on card and we hang them from the hooks on our ceiling.

I keep a folder on our topics, divided into the months of the year with the planning sheet, notes and evaluations also a few photo's or bits of work, then each year I go back to it and just tweek a few things and add any new idea's that cover individual children's interests.