PDA

View Full Version : Well, thats the worst job done!

Playmate
02-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Twice a year (Christmas and summer ) I clean and sort all the storage in the playroom. Well I started at lunch time and I've just finished :phew:
I have 9 single tall Trofast units full of boxes and shelves. I have also re-photograhed as all the labels were falling off. Trouble is when I printed out photos they were'nt that good because the light got bad. Will have to do it all again tomorrow :angry:

Mick has spent the same amount of time on the filing cabinet, I think we are both ready to drop :D

Zoomie
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Well done.

I so wish I could afford some proper storage.

Chimps Childminding
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I was going to have a major sort out over Christmas, but its been so nice not having to think about work, I haven't done it!!! Need to get everything back out of my shed tomorrow, ready to start again on Tuesday!!!

Playmate
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Well done.

I so wish I could afford some proper storage.

I went to Ikea yesterday to buy some more (not that i can really afford it at the moment :blush: ) for my utility room, but they had sold out :angry:

Pipsqueak
02-01-2011, 09:55 PM
When are you ready to come round to mine :D

Playmate
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
When are you ready to come round to mine :D

yeah right :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

rickysmiths
02-01-2011, 10:09 PM
yeah right :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

I'm quite near. I'm out in the morning so you could have a clear run?:blush: :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Twice a year (Christmas and summer ) I clean and sort all the storage in the playroom. Well I started at lunch time and I've just finished :phew:
I have 9 single tall Trofast units full of boxes and shelves. I have also re-photograhed as all the labels were falling off. Trouble is when I printed out photos they were'nt that good because the light got bad. Will have to do it all again tomorrow :angry:

Mick has spent the same amount of time on the filing cabinet, I think we are both ready to drop :D

Keep your photo's and then you just have to reprint when you need them

Playmate
02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Keep your photo's and then you just have to reprint when you need them

mmm! had a clear out of photo's recently, silly mistake :D

Demonjill
02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Well done you!!:thumbsup:

Playmate
02-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm quite near. I'm out in the morning so you could have a clear run?:blush: :laughing:

sorry, got the rest of the house to sort tomorrow :D

Beetlejuice
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Well done you. The Trofast storage is amazing isn't it? I have one tall unit and a 'stepped' unit in the lounge, a tall and a short one in the dining room and two short ones in my understairs cupboard and it's made a huge difference to my setting.:thumbsup: I'm thinking of getting some more for my DD's room too as it's a complete tip!:o

Lick'le Oakes
03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
This week I have brought 4 tall, 2 step and 1 single unit, it has been so hard work sorting and cleaning everything but I am sure it will all be worth it. I have had a good clear out to start the new year:D

loocyloo
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
i was going to do it, but then i decided that as we should be moving at some point, i'd only have to do it then when we unpacked, so i'm leaving things as they are!
i am going through my dressing up box, as its full to bursting and i can't shut the lid, but i can't bring myself to 'lose' anything! i have some outfits, but mainly a collection of scarves/waistcoats/hats etc, that enable the children to use their imagination! ( DD keeps all her fairy & princess dresses in her room - goodness knows how i'll fit them in when she grows out of them :rolleyes: ) any bright ideas? i sometimes have them on hangers on a clothes rail, but have them away in the box at the moment, as no one was using them!

Bear23
03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
i was going to do it, but then i decided that as we should be moving at some point, i'd only have to do it then when we unpacked, so i'm leaving things as they are!
i am going through my dressing up box, as its full to bursting and i can't shut the lid, but i can't bring myself to 'lose' anything! i have some outfits, but mainly a collection of scarves/waistcoats/hats etc, that enable the children to use their imagination! ( DD keeps all her fairy & princess dresses in her room - goodness knows how i'll fit them in when she grows out of them :rolleyes: ) any bright ideas? i sometimes have them on hangers on a clothes rail, but have them away in the box at the moment, as no one was using them!

I have all mine on a movable clothes rail, only way i could do it as have soooo many. I bring the whole thing down when they want to dress up, otherwise it lives in the spare room x

Playmate
03-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I have all mine on a movable clothes rail, only way i could do it as have soooo many. I bring the whole thing down when they want to dress up, otherwise it lives in the spare room x

i used to put all mine on a rail until a 2 yr old kept pulling the whole thing over :rolleyes: I now have mine in big laundry bags and select a few bits to put out into a tub and rotate every so often.