PDA

View Full Version : do we

mushpea
02-01-2011, 05:34 PM
need to plan weekly or can we just have a yearly plan with all the dates on such as chinese new year, burns day etc then I was thinking of putting down the following

January--theme--winter
CD CLL
big bird watch (names of books)
making bird cakes drawing pictures
bird masks talking about the weather
snow pictures how does the weather make us feel
snow in the sand tray
snowmen
penguins
polar bears

Pd
walks in the woods
play in the park

and so on with all the areas of learning,,, was thinking of putting them all on one sheet with a nice lay out and this would be like a monthly plan , then each week on a friday I would write down what we actutaly did that week incase we have changes

is this ok???

Mrs Pootle
02-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Sounds good to me. :)
I have a sheet for each month, with details of what I'm going to do each week of that month. At the end of the week I then amend / write on the back anything we did different. Each months sheet goes in a plastic wallet with any ideas etc I've snipped from magazines so that next time I do that theme I've already got a starting point.
This way my planning file has become a resources file too, with loads of fab ideas for next time.:D

flowerpots
02-01-2011, 06:55 PM
sounds fine, i dont think there are any 'rules' regarding planning, i know that if i didnt plan weekly i would get a bit lazy:blush: and not do many planned activities but i think you should do what works for you:thumbsup:

mushpea
02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
sounds fine, i dont think there are any 'rules' regarding planning, i know that if i didnt plan weekly i would get a bit lazy:blush: and not do many planned activities but i think you should do what works for you:thumbsup:

this is what i thought and why i planned weekly but I change what I do constantly either to suit the children , the weather,, unexpected events etc that my plans had more crossings out than orginal plans!