PDA

View Full Version : printer help please

sweets
02-01-2011, 02:58 PM
well today i sat down at 12pm to catch up on paperwork, took laptop upsatairs to print first bits off and the fliipin thing wont work! ive uninstalled (which ive had to do before!:rolleyes: )but it wont install back on again and keeps coming up with 'fatal error' ive followed all the instructions etc to try and get it up and running again but it still wont install :angry: spent 2hrs messing with it!

given up now and am going to buy a new one which is annoying as ive only had this one (HP F2100) for about 2 years.

anyone got any recomendations for a cheap/reasonable printer/copier?

i want one that has reasonably priced inks too.

sweets
02-01-2011, 04:30 PM
phew its ok panic over! it works, still says its not installed but i just decided to hook it up anyway to try it and it printed fine!

its not my default printer now tho, its saying a microsoft one is, how to i change it back to default?

onceinabluemoon
02-01-2011, 04:51 PM
go to control panel > printer and right click on the picture of the one you want. It should have an option that you can tick to make it the default printer.

If you are having probs it may need the latest drivers, try the website for free downloads

mufftie
02-01-2011, 05:37 PM
i hate printers im always having printer que jams , it seems it prints when it wants to which ive known it to be days later lol

sweets
02-01-2011, 06:10 PM
i hate printers im always having printer que jams , it seems it prints when it wants to which ive known it to be days later lol

mines exactly the same, i often give up with it, then go into the back bedroom where its kept after a few a few and ta da its printed!

The Juggler
02-01-2011, 06:23 PM
i just got a new kodak (scanner, printer, copier) because it only costs £20 to replace both ink cartridges (it used to cost us £48 with our old Dell:eek: )

It's wireless too so can now print from my laptop which is fab.

love381
02-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I have an Epson Stylus Photo R285 printer with a continuous inkjet system attatched - the BEST thing I EVER bought! Basically it's a normal printer with adapted cartridges in, these cartridges have attached little tubes (bit like very thin flexible straws) and these tubes are attached to an ink well (bit like 6 bottles of ink in a block). Brilliant, my printer always has ink, these bottles last well and it's the bottles that I refil (refil stuff doesn't cost much either). It costs about 10p (ish) to print A4 page of PHOTO!!
x

zillervalley
02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
mine always leaves some of the printing off, and when i do labels well thats well out of line, the settings on it must be wrong but dont know if there is anything you can do for that

glad yours is working again

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Argos have Epson printers for around £25 at the moment. Check out a website for compatible ink - I use a variety but this site would be good as a baseline as it has so many

www.eezytrade.co.uk