PDA

View Full Version : new ideas for 5yrold please

mushpea
02-01-2011, 12:08 PM
ok,, i am looking for new ideas for after school,,, this is the things they have avalibe at the moment
hama beads
bindeez
paint
drawing/stickers/glue/sissors etc
and of course the ususal toys
every thursday is cooking night and friday is going to be dvd night

in september I took on a 5yrold girl who loves it when the other girls are here to play with but they only come on a monday and tuesday,,, on the other days I have a baby and a 7yrold boy to play with but she dosent really want to play with him,, she tends to just sulk or will play on her own but whilst she is doing so sits and stares at me , I ask her what she would like to do and i she says 'dont know',,, we get board games out to play but she gets bored after 5mins,,,, she'l watch tv for about 5mins then is fed up, I am not one for playing imagnitve play with them as I am not very good at which is why I do other things with them.
Any ideas on what to do with a sulky 'only child' 5yrold

flowerpots
02-01-2011, 12:38 PM
have you asked mum what she likes to do afterschool at home? i had a 6 yr old girl who liked to play games on the laptop, she wasnt one for playing with the other children and preferred to play alone, she also liked to draw and make information books, looking up info on the internet and then drawing pics and copying the info into her books. hth :)

sarah707
02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
I would say talk to mum as well. She might enjoy bringing something from home to play with.

I have lots of comics for that age group and they sit doing puzzles, reading stories to themselves etc. :D