PDA

View Full Version : Has just spent 4 hours.......

Louise0208
01-01-2011, 10:18 PM
..........Doing my self assesment :(

Christ my head hurts now :yawning:

glad i dont have to do that very often :panic:

zillervalley
01-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I must do mine this next few weeks, it was the only thing that mrs o picked up on i had only done half when she arrived 06-03-09

told me to do it , so i must i suppose

bet you glad its finished though

ziller

Louise0208
01-01-2011, 10:51 PM
i am yes, thats been my biggest concern since registering (apart from Mrs O :rolleyes: )

still, its not done you any harm seen as you have outstanding :thumbsup: :clapping:

sonia ann
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
I must do mine this next few weeks, it was the only thing that mrs o picked up on i had only done half when she arrived 06-03-09

told me to do it , so i must i suppose

bet you glad its finished though

ziller

remember it is not compulsory, they cannot mark you down for not doing it
We ask all providers, including childminders, to consider completing a self-evaluation form if they are on the Early Years Register. This is not the law but we believe it is important to help childminders improve and continue to provide the best possible care.
The self-evaluation form is just one tool for you to use for self-evaluation. It contains important questions to help you review what you do, and to continue improving the care as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.

mayberry
02-01-2011, 06:11 AM
..........Doing my self assesment :(

Christ my head hurts now :yawning:

glad i dont have to do that very often :panic:

Well done, :thumbsup: need to add to

Dawn x

Louise0208
02-01-2011, 09:23 AM
another question....

do i need to submit it now or do i get asked for it etc (im due my inspection within the next 2 months)

flowerpots
02-01-2011, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=sonia ann;839748]remember it is not compulsory, they cannot mark you down for not doing it

i didnt do mine because my inspection was bought forward my a couple of months, i got good in every area axcept self evaluation , even though i self evaluate in different ways 9parent questionnaires, to do lists, improvement/wish lists). :(

patevans
02-01-2011, 10:03 AM
remember it is not compulsory, they cannot mark you down for not doing it
We ask all providers, including childminders, to consider completing a self-evaluation form if they are on the Early Years Register. This is not the law but we believe it is important to help childminders improve and continue to provide the best possible care.
The self-evaluation form is just one tool for you to use for self-evaluation. It contains important questions to help you review what you do, and to continue improving the care as set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.

Was just going to ask if it was compulsary, I did one 2 years ago but then it changed and I haven't yet done the new one.

sweets
02-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Was just going to ask if it was compulsary, I did one 2 years ago but then it changed and I haven't yet done the new one.

its not compulsary at all. my inspector told me this 3 times during my inspection when i apologised for not doing it in time.
i got marked good which i am happy with and will be happy with next time too.

if i have time to do the sef beforehand i may do it before the next inspection but i doubt i will bother.

personally i think the SEF is far to long, complicated and repetative and they should bring out another one that is just aimed at childminders and what they do.

mushpea
02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
havent bothered doing mine but my inspection is due this year and suppose it would look good if i made the effort,,,, but i cant seem to find it,,, i did start it but cant find the web page with it on,, does anyone have a link please?