PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for outdoors/ Garden

clio0602
01-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I have been thinking about my oudoor provision and I'm thinking it could be alot better. Also I have been looking at videos of outdoor childcare in Norway which looks amazing.

So.... New year New start I am going to aim get outdoors with lo's for at least 2hrs each day but need some ideas that don't cost too much to implement.

Atm I have small climbing frame, slide, trike, rocker, sand pit.

I would like to add some tyres to fill with compost do do some more planting and there my ideas end :(

Also is it fair to ask parents to provide waterproofs, all weather clothing etc or should I provide them?

Thanks for any ideas in advance xx

glitzygal
01-01-2011, 09:45 PM
well done,,,, this is something i am going to do in the new year,

mind you 1 mindee hates going outside, cries , i play with other mindee and she stands and cries, i try everything to coax her but she cries, and sniffles,
but im doing it anyway, as they say they should have outdoor play everyday,

i like the tyre ideas, you could even have veg growing in one, you may be able to get a few old tyres from a car yard.

heres to the new year and new outdoor play.:clapping:

all mine have wellies here, they bring them and leave them, i do want to invest in puddle suits but when i have the money.

parents shouldnt mind providing things like that as its for their kids,,
but you could look at car boots for supplies.:thumbsup:

guest4
01-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Hiya!
I added to my outdoor provision back in the summer. We have some old tyres filled with soil and i have some logs, wooden spoons, old saucepans and lids, metal bowls and cups......
We have great fun making mud pies, snow pies or very wet muddy soup, depending on the weather!!!!!!:jump for joy:

I also made lots of shakers with my little ones (out of 1 litre milk bottles and various fillings, corks, rice, pebbles, marbles etc) and hung them from the tree in the garden!

The possibilities are endless! Have fun getting messy!:laughing:

Tracey x

butterfly
01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
I've got ideas for my outdoors too! Lots more planting this year! I like the idea of outdoor music too. i'm going to try to fence off my grass so that the children can have open access from the lounge to the patio without worrying about mud etc! I want to increase the size of my playing area so I thought if I added the patio it would double the size of the area they have.

guest4
01-01-2011, 10:02 PM
I also saw a great idea for some outdoor sound toys...
Some thick, wide tubing, with the two ends sticking out of the ground and the middle bit buried, so the little darlings can't pull it up!!! :eek:
A child either end and hours of fun in the making!!!

We also made our own xylophone type thing with some varying lengths of metal tubing, drilled, then hung onto an old clothes rail. Lots of noise..... glad I get on well with my neighbours!!!! lol :rolleyes:

Tracey x

Chimps Childminding
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Love the idea of planting in tyres :clapping: Trouble is we have a real problem with cats using the garden as a toilet - really annoying especially when you don't have pets of your own - so tho it would be great, can't see me being able to do it :angry:

I also have a mindee who if we go out into the garden tends to just stand about and keeps asking to come back in - doesn't really get involved with the others. I need to work on that this year :thumbsup:

Angela234
01-01-2011, 10:55 PM
sOME LOVELY IDEAS

i have a chute attached to the wall (slightly running down))for rolling balls down or water

i want to get a sheet of plastic coated fence wire (with squares) to attach to the wall for weaving, pegging things onto like dolls clothes or display pictures like wildlife childrens photos doing outdoor acticities.

I also collected a collection of boots ans some outdoor clothing as some parents "forget" to send them in.

Good luck with all your gardens.

sweets
02-01-2011, 09:54 AM
I've got ideas for my outdoors too! Lots more planting this year! I like the idea of outdoor music too. i'm going to try to fence off my grass so that the children can have open access from the lounge to the patio without worrying about mud etc! I want to increase the size of my playing area so I thought if I added the patio it would double the size of the area they have.

i fence off my grass during the winter with 2 of the garden chairs, if they are really determined they can get through but tend not to.

ive just posted a similar thread asking for ideas for patio play before i saw this one :blush: lol.
my patio is right off my lounge so if i could use it more would be great but i find i get them all togged up ready to go out and they want to come in after 5 mins :angry:

mushpea
02-01-2011, 10:20 AM
we used to have half grass and half pation but i got so fed up with all the mud we block paved the whole garden,,, this was for us a much as the children as we have a dog and 2 cats and 4 rabbits all who brought in the mud!
I have a big connect 4 game,, a wendy house,, various ride on toys and a big sand tray like you get at the nurserys although this is empty at the moment,, i also have a tuff spot which i might fish out this week.
Mine dont tend to play outside much this time of year but I would like them too and I also have on that hates being outside and the moment you mention getting shoes on she just cries,,,,the others enjoy being out there so i just let her get on with it,,, I refuse to stop everyone elses fun just cause shes being miserable and not getting her own way.
i like the idea of the plastic fencing for threading and also the shakers,,, might put some pasta, lentils and rice out in the tray and they make these. our theme is winter this month so could get them to make them and see if they sound like the snow crunching or the rain pouring down.