PDA

View Full Version : what do you think?

mamasheshe
01-01-2011, 07:19 PM
we have been unbelievably lucky in this area and been offered a grant of up to £750 by the local sure start center. i have gathered quite a few resources and the bulk of this grant would be great to build a lean to or awning to make an outside space to use in different weathers we only rent this house but it could be something we would take with us if/when move because we would still be in need of the out door space,( OH very handy so would construct this for me) i know this is covered by the eyfs who want half of the child day to be outside and free flow play, but do you think this is the kind of thing they mean? and how else would you link it to eyfs ?

i also need some outdoor storage, and general outdoor equipment, opinions pleas?

sarah707
01-01-2011, 08:00 PM
I have an outside awning over my patio and it has been brilliant to use all year round.

i am sure it would be included as part of a grant. You could just witter on about how you support outside / free flow play and how it would mean children were experiencing the weather, the seasons, nature, the natural world etc throughout the year.

:D

kel1983
01-01-2011, 08:19 PM
We are lucky enough to have a large decked area off our lounge which has a roof over top. In the summer it can be really hot so this year we are gonna make up some removeable blinds to go up. Its brilliant on warm wet days because we can still get out there. Its a large covered area so the children can ride bikes and scooters out side without tearing up the lawn in the winter.

We also have a very long party tent side panel which fits nicely on the side so if we need to we can have an enclosed area.

The lady that did my Ofsted pre reg inspection loved it and wished she had an area like it.

I think its a lovely idea to use your grant money for this. Children love to be outside in all weather.

flowerpots
02-01-2011, 09:39 AM
awww how lucky, i would def use it for the same thing. :clapping:

Lems
02-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes great idea:idea: , that is something I'd like to have done for the future:D