PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very clever

Playmate
31-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I have just sat and designed a Blogg for our business. Something I have wanted to do for sometime, but just didn't know how :laughing:
Tonight I decided well I've got notheing better to do :rolleyes:(what else is ther to do on NYE :blush: ) so thought I would sit and fiddle. Well it took me while, but I did it :D All I have to do now is remember to blog occaisionally:)

Blaze
31-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Well done you - You've put me to shame, as it's on my list to do, but I don't know how either!:blush:

Congratulations on your accomplishment!:thumbsup:

Playmate
31-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Its been on my to do list for some time and I kept putting it to the bottom :D I decided that I would start the new year with a difference :laughing:

Blaze
31-12-2010, 10:44 PM
:clapping: :thumbsup:

manjay
31-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Good for you:thumbsup: I set one up when I first started but I kept forgetting to post:D

Lady Haha
01-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I must keep up!!! I'm not even sure what a blog is!!! Even my mum has got one!

I want one though, even though I don't know what it is, cos I hate not having something!!!!:laughing:

patevans
01-01-2011, 11:14 AM

I want one though, even though I don't know what it is, cos I hate not having something!!!!:laughing:

Nor me :blush:

Bear23
01-01-2011, 11:15 AM

:laughing: :laughing: nor me x

Chimps Childminding
01-01-2011, 04:26 PM
:laughing: :laughing: nor me x

Nor me :blush: :D

Playmate
01-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Its so easy and hopefully a good way for us to share with our parents without writting loads of individual diaries (particularly for the older children).
We can blog when we feel like we have something to say (like keeping a diary) and parents can log on and read if they want to :D great way to share group themes and activities. I thinks some of my school children's parents think they just sit and watch TV because they don't communicate when they get home :D

manjay
01-01-2011, 05:08 PM
There are some great blogs out there. Jumpinjen has a fabby one. I had every intention of doing what you describe Playmate but in the end I just didn't have time to update it. I last posted about 2 years ago:blush: . My dh is using it as an easy way to let friends and family know what he is up to whilst he is in Antarctica which means I don't have to relay the same message to everyone:D

The Juggler
02-01-2011, 05:55 PM
i don't have a clue what a blog or a twitter are or the difference between them. I'm no technophobe but I just about manage to understand forums and facebook:blush:

mufftie
02-01-2011, 06:19 PM
i was almost too embarrassed to tell you lot that i didnt know what a blog was , but not any more :blush:

love381
02-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I want one - anybody got a quick guide to getting/doing one?
T.I.A
x

Playmate
02-01-2011, 06:58 PM
i don't have a clue what a blog or a twitter are or the difference between them. I'm no technophobe but I just about manage to understand forums and facebook:blush:

Its thanks to this forum that I'm learning not to be a technaphobe! I hadn't got a clue about anything 2 years ago until Ricky Smith kindly pointed me in this direction. Since then I haven't looked back :D
I got the idea of a blog from one of my parents. The little boy we looked after had been diagnosed with an extremely rare life threatening condition. Mum decided to start a blog to keep all that wanted to know in the loop without repeating herself over and over. Each time he attends the hospital or there is a change in his condition she blogs and it saves us all ringing to found our how he is. It is especially good for us now as he is no longer in our care, but we can still keep up-to-date with him.
I was also inspired by jumpinjens blog for her business (she has a link to hers, I'm not that clever yet :blush: ) and so I googled blogs and the rest is history :D